X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Byokan
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Doshin
    Now to give you a laugh. I have often thought that in your avatar you are standing among gorillas...quick observation and being a wildlife biologist and with the folks I know (not so much gorillas but wildlife) it would not be totally unusual. So I assumed! But today I looked closer, on a bigger screen, and see I was "seeing things"...and I am suppose to be a wildlife guy. Back to the cushion for more clarity or maybe new reading glasses.

Gassho
    Doshin
    Sattoday
    Haaa! I also thought it was gorillas in the mist!

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Doshin
      Now to give you a laugh. I have often thought that in your avatar you are standing among gorillas...quick observation and being a wildlife biologist and with the folks I know (not so much gorillas but wildlife) it would not be totally unusual. So I assumed! But today I looked closer, on a bigger screen, and see I was "seeing things"...and I am suppose to be a wildlife guy. Back to the cushion for more clarity or maybe new reading glasses.

Gassho
      Doshin
      Sattoday
      That is a good laugh! And I rather like the image of me among the gorillas, so I think I will keep that image of me that you gave me. My dogs are a handful, too, although not quite as much as gorillas! Just goes to show how easy it is to see things from one's own experience--you are in wildlife, so you see gorillas! Me, not so exotic!

I do love animals, though. Having a close relationship with another species is eye-, mind-, and soul-opening. I realize that if I can communicate with, love, and trust another species, then how much easier should it be for me to do that among humans. On the downside, however, you also experience loss, because most animals have shorter life spans (well, except exotic birds which often outlive their owners). I guess that is a good lesson, too--to appreciate your time together, but it is one that I could skip.

Thanks for the smile once more, Doshin--I think that must be a talent of yours! And also thanks for the moment of reflection! Gassho, Grace.

Sat today plus 10 because. . . .
      Last edited by Graceleejenkins; 03-24-2016, 10:23 PM.
      Sat today and 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

Comment

• JimH
        • Aug 2015

This is fantastic! I have signed up for both groups, and will start using this timer. I have been using another timer for about a year now, with great results, but to have a timer where I can "see" who I am sitting with will really be great. I look forward to sitting with you all!

Gassho
        SatToday...(and will start sitting more for the anniversary!)

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by JimH
          This is fantastic! I have signed up for both groups, and will start using this timer. I have been using another timer for about a year now, with great results, but to have a timer where I can "see" who I am sitting with will really be great. I look forward to sitting with you all!

Gassho
          SatToday...(and will start sitting more for the anniversary!)

Gassho, Grace

Sat Today. . .(and will start sitting more for the anniversary, with Jim too!)

Comment

• Jundo
            Treeleaf Founder and Priest
            • Apr 2006

I joined the Insight Timer "Zazenathon" group too!

Gassho, Jundo
            ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Ishin
              • Jul 2013

Nice to see so many new people on Insight Timer!

Gassho
              Ishin

Sat Today
              Grateful for your practice

Comment

• Entai
                • Jan 2013

I have been using ZazenMeditation for the timer until now. I like the idea behind Insight. I joined the Insight groups and made some presets. I used intervals to add some time for kinhin between sittings. I'm not sure if there's an easier way, but it seems to work.

Gassho,
                Entai
                #SatToday

Ps. Deep bows for Grace and all those who put the spreadsheet together!

泰 Entai (Bill)
                "this is not a dress rehearsal"

Comment

• Dainin
                  • Sep 2007

I just joined the Insight Timer "Zazenathon" group!

Gassho,
                  Dainin

SatToday

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dainin
                    I just joined the Insight Timer "Zazenathon" group!

Gassho,
                    Dainin

SatToday
                    Great! See you there! Look for my friend request! Gassho, Grace.

Sat today!
                    Last edited by Graceleejenkins; 04-03-2016, 01:37 AM. Reason: correct typing of gassho!

Comment

• reddragon
                      • Sep 2015

Just join the Insight Timer Zazenathon! Been using this app for approx 9 months and I love it! 300+ hrs of meditation and going strong *gassho*

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by reddragon
                        Just join the Insight Timer Zazenathon! Been using this app for approx 9 months and I love it! 300+ hrs of meditation and going strong *gassho*
                        Hi, Reddragon! You should be getting lots of Friend Requests! If you can, join in and sign up for any convenient slots on the Zazenathon spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DRg/edit#gid=0

See you soon!

Gassho, Grace

sat today

Comment

• Jakuden
                          • Jun 2015

Dean is that you? Gee I guess I didn't know your username on here before.

Gassho,
                          Jakuden
                          SatToday

Comment

• reddragon
                            • Sep 2015

Yup, been using "reddragon" for many years. Ahhhh and you ask why that name?...lol That would be for the Red Hair and Dragon tattoo

P.S. I accept any friend request on Insight Timer! So bring them on
                            Last edited by reddragon; 04-07-2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                              • Feb 2011

Yup, been using "reddragon" for many years. Ahhhh and you ask why that name?...lol That would be for the Red Hair and Dragon tattoo

P.S. I accept any friend request on Insight Timer! So bring them on
                              Ahhh, good to know! I don't think I will forget your name, Reddragon! And trust me with street names, member names, and Dharma names, I sometimes get confused! Gassho, Grace.

Comment

Working...