Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ugrok
    • Sep 2014

Hi guys !

It's a pleasure to use the free sitting room with you all (hi Toby , i hope my hungry cats did not disturb your zazen this morning haha). Just a question : is there still no way to stay in the room when someone leaves and you're the last one in the room ?

Gassho,
    Uggy,
    Sat today

Comment

• Kotei
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Ugrok
      Hi guys !

It's a pleasure to use the free sitting room with you all (hi Toby , i hope my hungry cats did not disturb your zazen this morning haha). Just a question : is there still no way to stay in the room when someone leaves and you're the last one in the room ?

Gassho,
      Uggy,
      Sat today
      Hey Uggy,

I think, google thinks of this as a feature; dropping connection, when all but one leave.
      Found no way around it.

Oh, and I enjoy sitting with you all in the mornings, too.
      Started this with the beginning of last Ango, committing to do something about my social stress symptoms, stretching my comfort zone.
      Now, I am missing you guys, when I cannot participate.
      Thank you all for your company.

Gassho (Ook!),
      Kotei sat/lah today.
      義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Comment

• Choboku
        • Sep 2017

When I sit in the open sitting, it is usually around 2200-2300 Central time. I have sat with one person once and by myself several times. I look forward to practicing with you all.

Sat today, will sit more later.

Adam

Comment

• Seishin
          • Aug 2016

Hey Uggy good job my Berger Allemand was sleeping when your cat made its entrance.

Like Kotei says its a feature of hangouts and I don't think there is a way round it, What I tend to do, like this morning when I was about 2/3 through my sessions, is take a few short seconds to log back into the call. I must say I didn't notice how long I'd been "offline" after Ryudo, Richard and Kotei had left the FSR but I was suddenly aware my phone had gone back to its base menu. I knew I had 10-15 minutes sitting to go, so hit Chrome (has FSR link as main page) hit join then back into Hangouts to find you had arrived in the mean time. Some times I'll do this and I'll sit on my own until the end of my session but I'm there in case someone like yourself joins. If I know there's only a few minutes left I'll just continue to sit with Insight, waiting not waiting for the bell of emptiness to ring.

From an FSR protocol perspective, when I do this I'll bow to signify a brief lull in zazen, press all the buttons to get back into the FSR, then bow as per the normal entry requirements.

Anyway good to see you back the last few days. Be nice to see some more folk join the Euro Possee (?) each morning. So any newcomers or oldies sitting between 0800 and 0900 Central European Time (Brexit guys and gals deduct -1 hour) feel free to join us.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
          Shin - Heart

Comment

• Rakurei
            • Jan 2017

I'd like to start using the FSR throughout the day - I think Zazen breaks during the workday would be just what the doctor ordered.

-ST

Raku

Comment

• Seishin
              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Rakurei
              I'd like to start using the FSR throughout the day - I think Zazen breaks during the workday would be just what the doctor ordered.

-ST

Raku
              Raku

Its 24/7 so just jump in when the time is right for you.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
              Shin - Heart

Comment

• Ryushi
                • Jan 2018

I have had a hard time finding a regularly scheduled sitting time, so have been sitting with Insight Timer on my own schedule.

I'll make a point of opening the Free Sit Room from now on, usually around 8:30PM Pacific Time.

No merit. Vast emptiness; nothing holy. I don't know.

Comment

• Ugrok
                  • Sep 2014

Hehe yeah we were 5 this (european) morning !

Great stuff, it really makes a difference experiencing the others being there !

Thanks all,

Gassho,
                  Uggy
                  Sat today

Comment

Working...