[ARTS]: Big and Little Poetry--free verse, any verse.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tai Shi
    • Oct 2014

Loving Kindness

He turns days to nebula, lost galaxy
    A University degree, now pilgrimage;
    Science, when he learned to bake bread,
    Fed his friends when they were hungry,

Already knew his working knowledge
    Of innocence to reaffirm friendships. True
    Behavior, useless harm, needed always
    To repent upon her door of unborn love.

His stomach dropped from his deepest pity,
    In cavern of his blood, fresh destruction,
    Learning what freedom is not, to trust another
    Who is lost, that is who he turned to, woman,

More than defiant resistance, he is sweet
    Regret as mind betrayed no more changes,
    Bible of miracles Psychologically removed.
    Newly freed from greed, no scorched earth,

He Claimed his new body, defiant passion gone,
    Full circle his love no desire, saved another
    Painful shock in brain, locality his home of truth
    Never in destruction, in Buddhood his story

Saved away from cosmic fear, They grow old
    Together, find wisdom, Dharma friends,
    Justice in attitudes brought recompense
    From Poverty, sought together out of need,

Near forest of his fear, success from solitude,
    Grasping autumn's disability in food
    Like stones, abused arthritic bond, totality,
    Grace in peaceful family, this his greatest wish,

River of legacy, loyal marriage on June
    12th, 1982, they took their hands, slender
    In music, thus seeking light recognition
    Eyes brought with kindness to all,

Saved in togetherness, thought never abandoned
    Immorality gone, his disease, friend in Earling,
    Found this AVM, Then his brain recovered well.
    To daughter's walk, he never lost his fear,

Their inability to think, daughter stands, writes,
    In Japanese, her bright intelligence, the gift
    From parents. Mother rewards' man, child,
    Womanhood of truth, responsibility to work,

Silver curls from blond hair, beauty never
    Questioned, gone is childhood. Equanimity
    Their Karma, legacy of man's deepest respect,
    Equality in fire summon. Such history reveals

Actions, Loyalty of fatherhood, husband to wife.
    Maittreya. They are Vimalakirti, accepted
    Disability, give back what she can be,
    Finds her greatest giving in gratitude,

Compassion of his sight, her warmth, ethically
    Now awake, he possess nothing to take!
    What is given, nothing more. Daughter
    Mother, and father, child's legacy, a vision

Of strength in their eyes, so parents are best
    Friends, Kindness from both in nothingness,
    Born quietly, reborn children who give back,
    Testaments of his gratitude in poetry.

Gassho
    sat/lah
    Tai Shi
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-08-2023, 02:55 AM.
    Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Tai Shi
      • Oct 2014

"The Second Coming" is a poem that was written by Irish poet W. B. Yeats in 1919, first printed in The Dial in November 1920 and included in his 1921 collection of verses Michael Robartes and the Dancer.[1] The poem uses Christian imagery regarding the Apocalypse and Second Coming to allegorically describe the atmosphere of post-war Europe.[2] It is considered a major work of modernist poetry and has been reprinted in several collections, including The Norton Anthology of Modern Poetry.[3]

Historical context
      The poem was written in 1919 in the aftermath of the First World War[4] and the beginning of the Irish War of Independence in January 1919, which followed the Easter Rising in April 1916, and before the British government had decided to send in the Black and Tans to Ireland. Yeats used the phrase "the second birth" instead of "the Second Coming" in his first drafts.[5]

The poem is also connected to the 1918–1919 flu pandemic. In the weeks preceding Yeats's writing of the poem, his pregnant wife, Georgie Hyde-Lees, caught the virus and was very close to death, but she survived. The highest death rates of the pandemic were among pregnant women, who in some areas had a death rate of up to 70%. Yeats wrote the poem while his wife was convalescing.[6][1]

From the Wikipediae

Propose To All Women and Men

Phiazer charging vaccine
      For Life For Giving sarene
      To stop the wham is now,
      Deathe to Covid 2019, men
      Proposed that this death
      Id, Ego, Labido proposed
      Therapy we sit in propriety
      Revile then, then is now,
      Take away the evil parts.
      Take away the Plumped
      Is silently remembered for
      Real sanity, look forward
      See not, there is no dream
      Just the Now, just the duality
      Charmed away, sick others
      They won't go away we learn
      World war, this brink, Einstein
      Begged Trueman not to use
      Atom bomb, said was fear
      World destroy Japan, next
      World WAR WOULD BE FOUGHT
      With sticks and stones, shovels
      Hand to hand dead cast away
      Bullets in Ukraine Russians ran out
      To leave women, children, men
      In trenches, even pandemic rage
      Sill brings death, so say it's over
      Say not, we sit for world Peace,
      What more could wing of dove,
      Devolve into something terrifying.

Why would not our members Lay
      Usuri, Priests, chant for peace,
      What we do is more questions, The
      Fool. All my life I've lived call no
      Man fool, call poets wrong to
      Improvise what, not words from
      Even the phrases and lines from the poem are used in many works, in a variety of media, such as literature, motion pictures, television, and music. Examples of works that contain significant references to "The Second Coming" Wikipedia, include: death turn in a Gayer
      Do the hideous four horsemen proceed into our need, into our greed, what is the passion of Zen, turn the people into peaceful out of stained mess, decide now each morning to be, despite our needs, live no sit now, just now just sitting on the ground, I am Tall Mountain, this is different than Lotrus, Half Lotus, Burmese for those of us who false our knees titanium, as I face metal in the side of my heat, simply fastened into my skull, forgetfulness, is not old age Brain surgery, as I read Right Temporal Lobe, grade one, Doctor Scott Vong, October 29th, 2020, day to remember surgeon stayin two things, " You can close your eyes if you want." entirely I respond, "Why, I have had three knee replacements." He said, "Nine a.m." Thinking later, "This recorded," and he will talk his way through this and they look on, later at this technique. I closed my eyes at 45 degrees, and began to count backwards; when I awoke the paper gown had been replaced by cotton drape, I knew he had tornaway to my nckedness scrubed, my parts, shaved me more than nurse had shaved me in preparation room while my wife, my best friend, watched, looked on she said with lowered voice, "I did no what to expect! Would he be gibbering idiot?" I came back into ICU neurology, talking as fast in even tones, to remeder daughter and my wife, I was impressing nurses, began talking as fast as I could to show them that I was already awakened, the grill to remember hospital, date, and place Sioux Falls, South Dakota, time when clock faced me above my bed, I had nurse remarke the time, so I said six hours later, and then remembered the clock, for sure the time of operation, I walked away when one of the doctors of my classified skeleton Ankylosing Spondylitis, said he would see me no more, so I planned my departure, went to the hospital that had saved my life so many times, I did not want to see that doctor who had plied me with so much medication that I had rammed into this woman damaging her eyes, insurance grilled me over and over, was it your fault? Of course, so I did remember Dr with Pizza Place, we ate at his place giving 40 dollars for pizza before I had to give up spinach. Now I remember all and I know surgeon speeding to his oral board examination, while with my phone I contacted Treeleaf Zendo to tell them I was alright, turned to sitting from my hospital bed so every 1/2 hour nurses entered my room and plied their questions, "Who is the president? What is the time? What is your name? What hospital?" twas then I realized they had tethered me down and twisted my neck, and opened my brain with a stay, this still makes me on the verge of tears about how close I came to losing my poetry, how even now It's hard to hold a cane, and my rights eye, just below where they opened me up, has Macular Pucker, so vision is in and out, so I could have another surgery, cutting me open as has been done many times, this time threatening my vision, and I will return to Ophthalmology LTD year after treated for infection of the eyelids, and gases with dilation, methods for my eyes, told nothing wrong, they meant to drive me away as I went to the non profit hospital because I made complaints about the rheumatologist, now I have one of the best I have ever had, thank you for finding me, treating my Myeloma, and checking me over, and once a year x ray checking me for cancer agents. I am letting the best care I have had from the Christian hospital that recognizes my right to Unitarian Universal, and Buddhism. Yes, they recognize people's right and helping them practice Muslim Religion, these people have owed nothing, keep prices low, though I have instructed ambulances to never revive me if I am dying, and I am with Tibetan Buddhists; cut me up and throw me to the bone yard, let predators have old age no old age, death no death, birth no birth, so I accept Heart Sutra about 700 years after the Buddha, in short form what I accept as death no death living right now, then not being as bones and flesh decay, my eyes turn me to end of reality, dust no dust, in bone yard of believers of the Buddha find essence of nothing, something, Thich Nhat Hanh said compost becoming flowers, I have instructed my wife to take my ashes to a flower garden because I cannot feel or think of the bone yard, simple ashes on the garden so our daughter can return and see what dad has become something beautiful, I do even want to be beautiful as I am today, old man with dignity. Let there be no World War three until I pass away and become ashes for the flowers, do you suppose that is costs as much as burial gravel to my wife $5500 and then she will have to pay taxes, nothing left, I have left $7000 to our daughter; insurance will cover my burial, and brain to Harvard Brain and Tissue Bank in Massachusetts. I want some posterity to help science, and I will hope for no stroke, nothing to keep Goge Boom from calling, or my wife to allow the harvest of my brain which will be interesting, if they can see I have made near full recovery from my brain surgery because Buddhist Soto Zen, I will remain in the flower garden not the boneyard, as my evening Gatha says, Life and Death are of Supreme importance, life and death, life and death importance, death no death, old age, no old age. All, no All. CRT that is.

Gasho
      sat/lah
      Tai Shi
      Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-10-2023, 01:01 PM. Reason: edit prose poem

Comment

• Tai Shi
        • Oct 2014

Soon Spring Come Again

Crocuses bloom in spots
        With purple spring dots
        Rising to sky lower than not
        Without which spring is sought
        Slowly was another shoulder
        Of the lover in flowers that another
        Wept upon, with Buddha weight,
        Belief seeking to water sight,
        To be in winter rolling out today
        Beautiful and great, slow with staying
        Power the purple flowers create
        Some wistfully, some to raise
        Sun into morning sky to climb
        Above statues of serenity, devised,
        To make my garden of the day,
        To be with springtime yellow sun,
        Another chasseing, winter gone
        Still, yet hope become our song
        That melts away, away always
        To reveal other florals, tulips
        With red, yellow, roses, buds
        Just beginning, spring heralded
        Time unrolled to see spring life
        That should be beautiful soon
        As brown be gone to soft days
        Of March life just beginning,
        Another wise thought remaining
        Wisdom, ideas, community
        With white bright frost, delight
        Slowly earth undone witnessing
        The end of harshness, until warmth
        Remembered dahlias, green trees
        Our sight as squirrels play among
        Buds with clouds above unfurled,
        Yet snow our Spring song, another
        Storm brewing, flakes falling
        At three a.m. to cover drifts in time
        To let sun for morning, but storm
        Raise above night, weighing flakes
        Already strewn to crusts, mountain
        Sides, where have flowers gone, ice?
        Slowly will wind subside, revealing
        Buds, hope, and simple brown earth
        Underneath melting, simple days
        Of sun and clouds, blue skies done
        Wisps of possibilities, grown slim
        Soon to give forth some floral
        Sentiments as in garden of delight
        Children will play around trees
        To see days grown, spring revieved.
        Today to Shikantaza quiet, or busy
        Serene mind, reality relieved.

Gassho
        sat/ lah
        Tai Shi
        Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-09-2023, 09:37 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

• Tai Shi
          • Oct 2014

My wife says that I am just a guy, not to dwell on Ancient History, so I MUSTY say you are the most important writers here, and I only provide examples of WhAT IS possible so pay attention yes to others who write here like Jishon they are all important for I am just a guy, so please write anything you want{good taste}here please everyone come on in water's fine._/|\_
          Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-09-2023, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Jundo
            Treeleaf Founder and Priest
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Tai Shi
            My wife says that I am just a guy, not to dwell on Ancient History, so I MUSTY say you are the most important writers here, and I only provide examples of WhAT IS possible so pay attention yes to others who write here like Jishon they are all important for I am just a guy, so please write anything you want{good taste}here please everyone come on in water's fine._/|\_
            Everyone is "just a guy," Tai Shi, and everyone is also unique and sacred, the only "that guy" in the universe.

Likewise for every person, thing and moment ... each unique and sacred.

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
            ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Tai Shi
              • Oct 2014

I would support all of you your verses here do write everyone for I am just a guy, and I have loved poetry since a young teenager, and I have my first poetry upon my bookshelf and the first books I ever bought, a book of Modern Poetry and The Little Book of British Poetry, then found Walt Whitman who could not spell every word, Emily Dickinson who in mental shut down, found death comforting, at one time my universal love lost, found again without left hand, never fully useful again, now at 71 I am typing two fingers, left and right, what miracles come with removal of deadly brain tumor there since birth Kyousui retired nurse, always there on the phone for me neither of us in old age willing to drive the 70 miles. He is 73, I am 71, and at 70 he saved my life on the phone, saying to my wife "Get him to the ER I think it is a stroke!" and many times before in ER with seizure misdiagnosed with chronic pain though it was present, Kyousui convinced my Marjorie, to get my brain to ER and stroke examination last angiogram there it was, big in my Right Temporal Lobe of my brain, and two had saved my life Kyousui, and Marjorie doctors found AVM rare tumor one or two out of two hundred and fifty thousand, rarity usually killed or maimed patient on October 29, 2020 cold morning 5:00 into preparation paper gown ripped of body cooling down to less body temperature, so great young man could save this old man for his family, and today bright writing books of poetry, loving kindness found in his personality. Life for his Marjorie to see this miracle of change this tumor blocking so anything to change blaring pain from arthritis and brain tumor called AVM this given over to new personality, loving kindness, never now blocking love and malible poetry never dark again filled with life eternal knowing planets throughout Milky Way Galaxy there billion time trillion galaxies more even in this universe free all sentient beings job of Kyousui and Marjorie, to bestow loving kindness before one man feeling young can write many poems filled with identity and reality of unfathomable stars populations of begins with intelligence can peacefully be examples to humanity, we will make it to stars one day as dust of and in reality free all sentient beings, and that means all of us writing something like AVM in the brain, many sick human beings, and doctors vowed to give life to everyone this to do in some or all and the nurses like Kyousui dedicated to life, clean linens as voting women teach humanity to be all of us black and every shade of brown that even those claiming white ar really a shade of brown pigments softer for being where they raise young to know they are susceptible to AVM tumors dumping CO 2 into arteries shifting of 0 2 oxygen life to brain cells, now Tai Shi has new without the great fear he once did have, renewed vows of love to Marjorie till death do they part to reunite in Galaxy of Love and without fear in Star Dust to both spend eternity in peace and harmony. Please all of you like this old man find your spaces here in these catalogues beauty for all to see, invited all of you free all sentient beings bring together your love and serenity ever like Tai Shi camp poetry here as he has found for all of you please please, fo I am just a guy dwelling not in Ancient History of that old personality formed reality self actualized you may do the same, very soon in fifteen years or so writing books of poetry like Jishin all of you invited any verses you may find here this lovely greatest book of our Zendo which someday Jundo will publish as example of beauty and wisdom, thoughts, and community what the Buddha taught as foundation of all life everywhere you please come and write something beautiful all are welcome because all of you have a story real to unfold here for our posterity. Come all of you invited by Tai Shi just a guy who lived to find harmony, do come....you are the universal harmony please come and tell how you are finding every kind of family here in our Zendo or Interbing of hundreds of groups find path like Treeleaf Jundo's genius of people where peace reigns built by Jundo who will find and publish all of you like me just a person like everybody, all humanity do come all of you. I end for now to return and like Jishin watch the genius of community...

Gasho
              Deep bows
              To all of you
              sat/ lah
              lend a hand to all of you
              Do come to write
              Tai Shi
              Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-11-2023, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Tai Shi
                • Oct 2014

Thank you Jundo, still, everyone who wants to write poetry any kind of poetry positive in any way can be a writer of Poetry, and thank you Jundo for thinking of us, for letting those of us who write poetry formal or informal come here to write, and thank you for those of us with disabilities be here as lay, as usuri, or as Priest, thank you from one who is Ubasoku and this I never expected except you helped someone send me a finished rakusu and, thus, my meditation for so long as I am Buddhist and longer, thank you everyone, come here and publish your free, or formal poems. Thank you Jundo for thinking of us.
                Gassho
                sat/lah
                MFA
                Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-10-2023, 01:40 PM. Reason: credit

Comment

• Tai Shi
                  • Oct 2014

I have always said you are all welcome to write here. Anything goes, and we have had all manner of poetry written here, people from every direction in our Zendo, supported always by myself and all he writers here, sometimes working out of difficult emotions, and proceeding in a Zen way the realizations of a lifetime, and through every kind of handicap, and tragedy, including every family, and health crisis, and the bitter sweet, and the calibration of great beauty, and the working out of the Precepts, and the understanding of life and death, the realization that old habits can die, and the reaching out for others. Going it alone is not the answer, and here you or anyone may put into words your situations of life and death and beauty in spite of any terrifying and deadly situations, and may here also write of the beauty and subtleties of life. You are invited to try your hand at poetry of any kind, so please come all of you and put your thoughts and feeling here, to make something terrifying and beautiful for truth is beauty, and beauty is truth. Poetry is the overflow of powerful emotion recollected in tranquility. Please do not stay away for there is no level of writing rejected and all are welcome. Put keystrokes here, please.
                  Gassho
                  Sincere help offered to all.
                  sat/lah
                  Tai Shi
                  Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-11-2023, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Tai Shi
                    • Oct 2014

Spring Circles

Unique singing?
                    Serious, undone
                    Clear lasting rain
                    Thich Nhat Hanh
                    To become dome
                    Of useful, sight,
                    Trees circle land,
                    Computer, earth,
                    Cloud, rain, flower
                    Hands reach stink
                    Compost, wood,
                    Paper, ink on paper.
                    Infinitive thoughts,
                    Dawn, prepare,
                    Cook's rising sun
                    Cook be present
                    Rice, vegetables,
                    Sing brown rice,
                    Carrots, Cabbage.
                    Place in vacuous
                    Universe. Stars
                    Behind blue, then
                    Nothing.

Gassho
                    sat/lah
                    Tai Shi
                    Last edited by Tai Shi; 06-12-2023, 11:45 AM. Reason: editing

Comment

• Tai Shi
                      • Oct 2014

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      "Panda" and "Panda bear" redirect here. For the red panda, see red panda. For other uses, see Panda (disambiguation), Giant panda (disambiguation), and Panda Bear (musician).
                      Giant panda
                      Grosser Panda.JPG
                      Giant panda at the Ocean Park Hong Kong
                      Conservation status

Vulnerable (IUCN 3.1)[1]
                      CITES Appendix I (CITES)[1]
                      Scientific classificationedit
                      Kingdom: Animalia
                      Phylum: Chordata
                      Class: Mammalia
                      Order: Carnivora
                      Family: Ursidae
                      Genus: Ailuropoda
                      Species: A. melanoleuca
                      Binomial name
                      Ailuropoda melanoleuca
                      David, 1869[2]
                      Subspecies
                      †A. m. hastorni
                      A. m. melanoleuca
                      A. m. qinlingensis
                      Mapa distribuicao Ailuropoda melanoleuca.png
                      Giant panda range
                      Giant panda
                      Panda (Chinese characters).svg
                      "Panda" in Traditional (top) and Simplified (bottom) Chinese characters[3]
                      Traditional Chinese 熊貓
                      Simplified Chinese 熊猫
                      Literal meaning "bear cat"
                      Transcriptions

Alternative Chinese name
                      Traditional Chinese 貓熊
                      Simplified Chinese 猫熊
                      Literal meaning "cat bear"
                      Transcriptions

The giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca, sometimes panda bear or simply panda) is a bear species endemic to China.[4] It is characterised by its bold black-and-white coat and rotund body. The name "giant panda" is sometimes used to distinguish it from the red panda, a neighboring musteloid. Though it belongs to the order Carnivora, the giant panda is a folivore, with bamboo shoots and leaves making up more than 99% of its diet.[5] Giant pandas in the wild occasionally eat other grasses, wild tubers, or even meat in the form of birds, rodents, or carrion. In captivity, they may receive honey, eggs, fish, yams, shrub leaves, oranges, or bananas along with specially prepared food.[6][7]

The giant panda lives in a few mountain ranges in central China, mainly in Sichuan, and also in neighbouring Shaanxi and Gansu.[8] As a result of farming, deforestation, and other development, the giant panda has been driven out of the lowland areas where it once lived, and it is a conservation-reliant vulnerable species.[9][10] A 2007 report showed 239 pandas living in captivity inside China and another 27 outside the country.[11] By December 2014, 49 giant pandas lived in captivity outside China, living in 18 zoos in 13 countries.[12] Wild population estimates vary; one estimate shows that there are about 1,590 individuals living in the wild,[11] while a 2006 study via DNA analysis estimated that this figure could be as high as 2,000 to 3,000.[13] Some reports also show that the number of giant pandas in the wild is on the rise.[14] By March 2015, the wild giant panda population had increased to 1,864 individuals.[15] In 2016, it was reclassified on the IUCN Red List from "endangered" to "vulnerable",[1] affirming decade-long efforts to save the panda. In July 2021, Chinese authorities also reclassified the giant panda as vulnerable.[16]

The giant panda has often served as China's national symbol, appeared on Chinese Gold Panda coins since 1982 and as one of the five Fuwa mascots of the 2008 Summer Olympics.

Today in the US it is National Panda Day!

Gassho
                      sat/lah
                      Gassho

Comment

• Tai Shi
                        • Oct 2014

March Birds

I sat quietly like song,
                        Song of morning bell
                        Bell that rings us in,
                        Shikantaza whiteout
                        Within, cold rain
                        March wind rings everness,
                        Sometimes with snow,
                        Sometimes with wing,
                        Of birds come back
                        Wings slack before wind,
                        Before rain, before change.

Gassho
                        sat/lah
                        Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-22-2023, 11:46 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

• Tai Shi
                          • Oct 2014

Saga of the Brain

This is AVM removed,
                          Arteries restore
                          Oxygen restored,
                          Right temporal Lobe
                          Of brain, this is
                          Altoger science not
                          Sitting miracle.
                          Resilient is my brain
                          Noteworthy is addition
                          Of inhaler bring added
                          Oxygen again and again
                          Even so released narcotic,
                          No longer present
                          In my brain, added
                          High blood medication

Mine is deep breathing
                          Oxygen again and again
                          Thinking language
                          Of this center so breath
                          Of Language creativity!
                          This is science, not men
                          Of God, not deity
                          This is aadvance
                          Noted by my wife
                          My Marjorie sees
                          This change is no
                          Game or luck or
                          Systematic artesian
                          Water, well of life, elixir
                          Of life, not magic
                          But brain compensating
                          On Left Side hemisphere
                          Resiniancy, compensating
                          Vital organ is the brain.

Sustain normal man
                          Estimate full health
                          Eighteen months
                          After operation, mind
                          With matter, understands
                          Why breathing not zazen
                          Releases essential
                          Molecules of O2, O2
                          Doubly bound science
                          Not supertician
                          Not magic not at this
                          Now, living in the now,

No mistake medicine
                          Brings forth healing
                          As vital neural
                          Transmitter of pain centers
                          The communication
                          Interstitial regained.
                          Mine is the recipient
                          Of helpful CBT, cognitive
                          Behavioral Health
                          Hospital and Avera
                          Hospital opening
                          The hand of health.

More science as
                          Gastro intestinal
                          Passage way opened
                          Blood cancer on hold
                          Never will only these
                          Anticoagulants stopping
                          Stroke, with lessening
                          Causes of heart attack
                          Cholesterol removed
                          With statin. It is brain again
                          More chemistry
                          No two carcinomas
                          iN foot bones, leg wound,
                          Explaining inflammation
                          Reasons for bone
                          Marrow biopsy negative
                          Nothing to explain
                          Nothing there, bone
                          Free to produce
                          Healthy red blood
                          Cells, but Ankylosing
                          Spondylitis horrible
                          Deuteriations of spine
                          Not assigning bad and good.

Neck and lower back
                          Right eye, lungs, filled
                          With smoke in ancient
                          Days, clogged lower
                          Right lobe of lungs
                          This is damage done
                          By joining academia
                          The Academy of Scholar
                          Exploded in hypocrisy
                          Wives of professors
                          Selling cigarettes
                          To college students
                          To unsuspecting
                          Students unaware
                          Their Jokes, all destroyed
                          For livelihood, lies
                          Of the mortified Attorney
                          General's Report, cigarettes
                          Tobacco leading to death
                          Nothing given nothing
                          Gained ironically
                          Words of King Lear,

Shakespeare immortal
                          Found deaths demands
                          Daughter of truth
                          Cordelia, so would
                          Not say I love you
                          Above all else, all sisters
                          Countenance other women
                          True, or just another lie
                          Like my brother's life.
                          Father if you say
                          You love us equally
                          You must follow through
                          Because, our own Laurel
                          Daughter and brother
                          Robert Douglas, and
                          Grandson Ian only
                          Asking that you be
                          Not like Lear not
                          Like Cordelia not like
                          Sisters have no truth,
                          No daughters of yours,
                          Look even your recipient
                          Of medicine, removal.
                          Look, it's not magic,
                          Or prayer of God himself.

We know what you deny
                          Science, chemistry,
                          Brain, muscle, intestines
                          Without tumors, and you
                          Won't see as you prepare
                          For death, we believe John
                          Lennon said no Heaven
                          No Hell, only sky, above,
                          Earth below. I know

Buddha rightly touched earth
                          Looked, ask morning sky
                          Found planet he didn't
                          Know what thought was
                          Star significant. now
                          We know, faculty as you
                          Were were wrong,
                          Buddha not assuming
                          Planet or star. now I believe
                          He had heaven riight, memory,
                          My song could go on and on.
                          Let us stop here knowing
                          Ancient fallacies, killer
                          Death, not science
                          Now we know, and shall
                          Know more serenity,
                          Know what we live.

Gassho
                          sat/lah
                          CET/Tai Shi
                          Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-24-2023, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Tai Shi
                            • Oct 2014

So warm inside
                            Love warm in so wondrous me and trees one
                            Back again under this post gone and made
                            Will You everyday offer me a branch with Treeleaf?

Gassho
                            Tai Shi
                            Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-27-2023, 08:11 PM. Reason: add a line.

Comment

• Meian
                              • Apr 2015

"Ghosts"

And the wind rushes in-
                              Slow down! This all will pass,
                              I say to the pounding rain.

Dark clouds collect over my home
                              A flashpoint in the air of time
                              as his incense envelopes me
                              once more.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                              鏡道 |​ Kyodo (Meian) | "Mirror of the Way"
                              visiting Unsui
                              Nothing I say is a teaching, it's just my own opinion.

Comment

• Tai Shi
                                • Oct 2014

Loving Kindness

Wind of December, end,
                                If December of December
                                Warped in yarn for,
                                Faster, cold, cold,
                                Divided misunderstanding
                                As cold is everywhere,
                                Disability, except how to be.
                                Disability is not disability,,
                                Disability is not inferior.
                                I found the way in Buddhist
                                Zen Way, Quiet, sitting
                                Paperback first edition
                                Smallish Way of Shikantaza,
                                Of Zen. Slow my breath,
                                Light wonder fulfil my
                                Tai Shi Go to Jukai, give
                                Valued light to Marjorie
                                Smile, not to weep, or cry.
                                This is hope, Hope fulfilled
                                For Peace and light
                                Smile, now clean pleasure,
                                Except one. If world peace,
                                Humanity deserves better,
                                In ZaZen I found better,
                                Study for Lay member,
                                Honesty, open minded,
                                Willing, study honor system
                                Ango, study, partner, now
                                Ubasoku, grandmotherly,
                                Learn to teach peace,
                                Erving after morningstar,
                                Earth, call Buddha peaceful
                                Support all of us all, how we
                                Find friends, understood.
                                Honestly, I was not angry.
                                Now Peaceful man.
                                Smile, smile, smile,
                                Love, Loving Kindness.

Gassho
                                sat/ lah
                                Last edited by Tai Shi; 03-30-2023, 02:10 PM. Reason: complete revision, more hopefully this eddit

Comment

Working...