Being allowed to fail

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mp

Originally posted by willow
    So I broke my resolution and ordered another book - but it's just a commentary by Thich Nhat Hanh

Willow
    You can never have too many books ... or can you?

Gassho,
    Michael

Comment

• adrianbkelly
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ecoist
      You can never have too many books ... or can you?

Gassho,
      Michael
      You've obviously never been to my house, Michael!

I find it very easy to become addicted to buying Buddhist books, even though they all end up saying the same thing. Now that I have a Kindle, at least I won't be taking so much space!

_/\_

Ade

Comment

• threethirty
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by adrianbkelly

I find it very easy to become addicted to buying Buddhist books, even though they all end up saying the same thing. Now that I have a Kindle, at least I won't be taking so much space!

_/\_

Ade
        That just means you will have a more exciting fire when you decide to burn them all
        --Washu
        和 Harmony
        秀 Excellence

"Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body" George Carlin Roshi

Comment

• Ekai
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by adrianbkelly

_/\_

Ade
          With the kindle app on my iPad, I find it way too easy to buy books more than ever!

Gassho,
          Ekai

Comment

• Mp

I do know what you mean Ade ... I thought it might be better for my pocket book to buy an iPad and get books that way, then buying books and of course, more book shelves. Plus, I am one of those multi-book readers ... book here, book there ...

Cheers,
            Michael

Comment

• adrianbkelly
              • Jun 2012

............Searches furiously on Kindle for book on how to beat addiction to books.......................

Comment

• Nenka
                • Aug 2010

Maybe not physical space, but they still take up space. It seems that the more digital media we have available, the more we collect it and never get around to it. (Or maybe that's just me. )

I think the best time I had reading, in recent memory, was when I moved. I had all my books packed away except for three. It was like no other books even existed except for those three, and I read them well with fewer distracting thoughts of "what-next" than usual.

Gassho

Jen

Comment

• adrianbkelly
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Nenka
                  Maybe not physical space, but they still take up space. It seems that the more digital media we have available, the more we collect it and never get around to it. (Or maybe that's just me. )
                  I definitely agree with this; I am building a substantial backlog of books to read on the Kindle! It's the same with music, as well. When I was a teenager & could only afford to buy one album every so often, I would listen so much that I'd know each of them off by heart. Now, when it's so easy to buy music online, I have so much that I haven't even listened to yet or have just given a cursory listen to. Not forgetting DVDs too!

I need to de-clutter!!!!

_/\_

Ade

Comment

• disastermouse

Spotify solves my music collecting problems. Books are still an issue though.

Comment

Working...