Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risho
    • May 2010

Originally posted by disastermouse
    Just opening up a G+ hangout when I sit can make me feel more connected - even if no one joins....although I have to admit I haven't been using it in my daily sits since I've been in Savannah.

Chet
    Most of the time I sit, it's alone. lol Well I'm still sitting with all of you. My sitting schedule isn't fixed, but lately it's been around 6pm EST after work.
    Email: risho.treeleaf@gmail.com

Comment

• RichardH
      • Nov 2011

What really nice responses. This thread brings something to mind... sure, everyone is a teacher in a way, but at the same time there are teachers, those who have ordained, and who have been trained by generations of experience, so they can teach responsibly. ...and these conventional distinctions are important.
      But, there is also the idea that the Buddha does not speak from the "highest peak" (probably mount sumeru or something), but lets others speak from one peak down. I think that is where we are when we sit together... that place where the Buddha does not speak.

Gassho, kojip.

..ed. I recall the text saying something like .."from the highest peak no ratiocination has ever been allowed".. maybe someone more savvy knows this? thanks.
      Last edited by RichardH; 06-28-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• charst46
        • Jan 2009

Kojip,

Thank you for your post. I have 'hung out' here a lot, mostly to sit. I have not really participated in the forums. I have missed much and I need to support this dharma here on the 'net. Thank you for showing how, even if this sangha is widely dispersed, the sangha can still be as close as the corner store.

Gassho.

Charlie

Comment

Working...