Sharing Helpful and Insightful Tips (was The Tea Party)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tb
    • Jan 2008

Re: Sharing Helpful and Insightful Tips (was The Tea Party)

Hi.

Just a rememberance about the teaparty.
    Same time, same place!
    Everyone welcome.

And hopefully we can get some more swedes in now... :roll:

Mtfbwy
    Fugen
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Shohei
      • Oct 2007

Be there with bells on!**

**Note:bells may not actually be on however the enthusiasm will still be on

Gassho
      Shohei

Comment

• Stephanie

I definitely plan to be there!!!

Comment

• Rob_Heathen
          • May 2010

Looking forward to more cheery talks about things like youth-in-asia. Maybe we could talk about embalming this week? :twisted: I am excited, really I always look forward to these group discussions. No matter the subject.

Rob
          [u:146m4fwx][i:146m4fwx][b:146m4fwx]"Do No Harm."[/b:146m4fwx][/i:146m4fwx][/u:146m4fwx]

Comment

• Tb
            • Jan 2008

Hi.

Just a reminder for all those who doesn't know how, pm me your skypename, i'll add you to the list and call you up as the teaparty starts.
            If you get on skype after the teaparty starts, just send me a message and i'll let you in.

Thank you for your practice and hopegulle we'll see you there...

Mtfbwy
            Fugen

Comment

• Stephanie

I just want to take a moment and post the immense gratitude I feel to be involved with Treeleaf and the inspiration I feel in sharing one another's practice-lives here, which is nowhere more acute than during the Sunday afternoon chats. Everyone's practice--with everyone's different styles, lives, backgrounds, opinions, interests, aesthetics, etc.--inspires me. I learn from everyone here. I feel a sense of camaraderie and comradeship with fellow Treeleafers that I didn't come to feel at centers where I sat alongside, and even did work practice with and talked to, folks every day. I think for all the limitations of the Internet, there's a strange intimacy and openness that it brings too. Everything happens out in the open and the whole community can share in it in a way that normal, non-computerized human interaction actually blocks. In "normal" sanghas, there are cliques and social mazes and a lot that goes on behind closed doors. We can all share in one another's experience here in a remarkable way, I find it very life- and practice-affirming. So thank you to everyone for your practice.

Comment

• Dosho
                • Jun 2008

Hey Stephanie,

I'm glad to hear that the discussion today was positive for you and hopefully for the others as well. The last couple weeks I've had a tough time with some of the language and criticisms of people's conduct, but that's my issue and not meant to diminish anyone's practice. It's just not something I deal with very much and my written expression tends to be far better than my speech. That said, I'll hope to see everyone next week and try to speak up some rather than sneaking out the back door.

Gassho,
                Dosho

Comment

• Stephanie

Dosho,

I wondered what happened to you. The Tea Party is quite an electric gathering of personalities these days... today was intense in an awesome way. I can only speak for myself, but I assume I probably speak for others also when I say I don't mean to be abrasive. Next time we're both on, let me know if I'm saying something that bothers you, I will respect that, listen and respond. I think we have things to learn from one another.

Gassho,

Stephanie

Comment

• Dosho
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Stephanie
                    I think we have things to learn from one another.
                    Of this I have no doubt whatsoever. And I'm quite sure it's more about me adjusting and allowing for expression that is outside my comfort zone. I'm certainly not a prude who thinks the use of any "salty" language equates to vulgarity. Some of it is probably the result of watching myself around my kids after the 5 year old caught my habit of saying "Jesus Christ" (which he pronounces as "Jesus Crisis"). However, I tell even him that to absolutely forbid the use of any such words is silly and that if he ever witnessed a plane crash or saw Barney blow up he is perfectly allowed to yell, "JESUS CRISIS!" and won't get any scolding from me.

I truly believe there is a time and place for everything, but I usually try to reserve my swearing for the "purple dinosaur explosion" type of moments. However, that's just me and I have to learn to accept how others choose to express themselves. If I ever feel differently during our chats, I will certainly let you know.

Gassho,
                    Dosho

Comment

• Hogo
                      • Feb 2010

Sounds like a interesting chat last week, sorry I missed it,
                      Should see ya all this week, till then hope you all are well and have a great week
                      Gassho~ Dave.

Comment

• Tb
                        • Jan 2008

Hi.

Last chance to sit with the regular guys, next sunday we will be "superpowered know-it-alls" who can [censor] anyone...
                        Ehh...
                        Maybe not, but anyways, don't miss the teaparty.

Same time, same place.

Mtfbwy
                        Fugen

Comment

• Dosho
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Fugen
                          Last chance to sit with the regular guys, next sunday we will be "superpowered know-it-alls" who can [censor] anyone...
                          Ehh...

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

-Master Yoda

:mrgreen:

Comment

• Shohei
                            • Oct 2007

Fugen... SHHhHHHHHHHHhhhhh.. its a secret >:[

Comment

• Jundo
                              Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Fugen
                              Hi.

Ehh...

Same time, same place.

Mtfbwy
                              Fugen
                              Yes, well, ordination as a novice is to lower 'one's self' to be the servant at the tea party ...

In fact, a "humble servant" might bow this way ...

But we bow like this, raising the world over our heads so folks have a bridge to trod upon and cross by.

Always good to repeat that.

J
                              ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Shohei
                                • Oct 2007

Hiyas

Teas on @ the regular time, regular place, with regular folks for some extraordinary talk :P

Gassho
                                Shohei

Comment

Working...