Sharing Helpful and Insightful Tips (was The Tea Party)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dosho
    • Jun 2008

Re: Sharing Helpful and Insightful Tips (was The Tea Party)

Fugen,

Interesting development! If I get some time I'll try donwloading it and see how it goes. Won't be there for this Sunday (my son's birthday) but am planning to join the following weekend.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Comment

• Tb
      • Jan 2008

Hi.

This is the mad hatter reminding about the teaparty.
      And a warning for those who join, you might be guinea pigs for some stuff...

Mtfbwy
      Fugen
      Life is our temple and its all good practice
      Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Stephanie

I'm setting up my headset and joining Skype right now... Skype name ZenStephanie... So how do I get on / where do I call when it starts?

Comment

• RyanM
          • Apr 2010

Hi guys,

Good luck with the tea party. I'm afriad, I can't join this evening but hope to make future sessions.

We have the small manner of the World Cup Final tonight

Gassho,

Ryan

Comment

• Hogo
            • Feb 2010

Stephanie:
            I usually jump online just before the scheduled time and send Fugen a message, (on skype or PM) I think he usually sets up the calls, then just wait for the call and awnser. pretty easy, though Fugen can correct this if I am wrong, or perhaps changed.
            See ya there! have a great day.
            Gassho ~ Dave.

Comment

• Tb
              • Jan 2008

Hi.

Stephanie, i've added you to the list.

Since i'm apparently the mad hatter of the teaparty this is what usually happens...
              I check who's online at the time and phone them up, if by some circumstance your not in, please give me a call.
              That goes for everyone who's not in the initial call by the way.

Then there's some commotion and a short ceremony and PLAY BALL!!

ANd on a side note, since my son ate my teapartypapers, I don't know what tonight's topic is... ops:
              but last week we talked about rebirth and such so maybe we'll rebirth that topic...

Mtfbwy
              Fugen

Comment

• disastermouse

This whole thing has become a source of stress for me. I dread Sundays now because I know you'll be experimenting with yet another program I won't be able to get to work correctly.

Is that your intention?

Chet

Comment

• Stephanie

Was a wonderful experience getting to share in live conversation with fellow Treeleafers today.

And the Alice in Wonderland metaphor is no joke, Fugen even turns down the lights and fires up the hookah if you stay on long enough :lol:

The ooVoo thing was cool--made me wish I had a webcam, because it was so cool seeing everyone else's facial expressions and reactions.

That said, I tried to see if we could get ooVoo working for Chet after the "Tea Party" was over, and was able to see him (he couldn't see me of course, as I have no cam) but neither one of us could hear each other on audio. I don't know if there was some really simple fix we didn't think of, or if ooVoo is broken for Macs (I noticed nearly all the posts on the official ooVoo forum were Windows-oriented).

As cool as ooVoo was, I think we should stick to Skype if being on ooVoo means some folks are excluded. Skype seems easy-peasy for all involved.

Either way, I plan to be on next weekend too. I appreciate the efforts to set this up, it helps me feel more connected to my sangha-mates (as Walt Whitman would say, my "comrades") and was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

• Shohei
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Stephanie
                    Was a wonderful experience getting to share in live conversation with fellow Treeleafers today.

And the Alice in Wonderland metaphor is no joke, Fugen even turns down the lights and fires up the hookah if you stay on long enough :lol:

The ooVoo thing was cool--made me wish I had a webcam, because it was so cool seeing everyone else's facial expressions and reactions.

That said, I tried to see if we could get ooVoo working for Chet after the "Tea Party" was over, and was able to see him (he couldn't see me of course, as I have no cam) but neither one of us could hear each other on audio. I don't know if there was some really simple fix we didn't think of, or if ooVoo is broken for Macs (I noticed nearly all the posts on the official ooVoo forum were Windows-oriented).

As cool as ooVoo was, I think we should stick to Skype if being on ooVoo means some folks are excluded. Skype seems easy-peasy for all involved.

Either way, I plan to be on next weekend too. I appreciate the efforts to set this up, it helps me feel more connected to my sangha-mates (as Walt Whitman would say, my "comrades") and was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Yes, I agree... what ever works best for all and with the least amount of intervention. This oovoo experiment was, as said a test to see how it would stand up. Test was a success . Sorry it was buggered for you Chet!** My only issues were caused by the storm thats just now settling. wifi and satellite went down so I lost all connect. Anywho, nice to see some faces real or Lego-like Glad ya made it Stephanie!

Originally posted by disastermouse
                    This whole thing has become a source of stress for me. I dread Sundays now because I know you'll be experimenting with yet another program I won't be able to get to work correctly.

Is that your intention?

Chet
                    **Yeah sorry bout that Chet, Next week we will be testing a unknown windows free ware called Vidz-4-All-Extra-Ad-laiden-Lite, it boasts IRC based chat engine hosted somewhere in Iceland and a Realplayer video codec! Unfortunately the link to the updated codec is broken and ironically the update is needed in order to see OR Hear ... oh and its windows NT only - so...
                    :twisted: :roll:

KITTING!!

Gassho
                    Shohei

Comment

• Stephanie

Originally posted by Shohei
                      **Yeah sorry bout that Chet, Next week we will be testing a unknown windows free ware called Vidz-4-All-Extra-Ad-laiden-Lite, it boasts IRC based chat engine hosted somewhere in Iceland and a Realplayer video codec! Unfortunately the link to the updated codec is broken and ironically the update is needed in order to see OR Hear ... oh and its windows NT only - so...
                      :twisted: :roll:
                      :lol: If you want to see the closest real-life approximation of the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Toons that is possible to be seen, tell that to Chet when you've got him on the other end of a webcam :lol:

Comment

• Tb
                        • Jan 2008

Hi.

As always, we're supposed to say something on saturday, but due to life and other such things, we missed (not!)..
                        but we're still on, same place, same time.

Mtfbwy
                        Fugen

Comment

• Shohei
                          • Oct 2007

see yas soon!

Comment

• Tb
                            • Jan 2008

Hi.

In due order, we're late on reminding of the teaparty, but still the same time, same place.
                            See you there.

Mtfbwy
                            Fugen

Comment

• Tb
                              • Jan 2008

Hi.

Just a remeberance, if you want to join in on the teaparty, please pm shohei (or me) yopur skypename (as it usually is on skype) and be on skype at 21:00 (swedish time) or @ 3pm (New York).

See you there!

Mtfbwy
                              Fugen

Comment

• Rob_Heathen
                                • May 2010

I plan on being there, even though it will be 11:30 at night. My mind is buzzing with all sorts of things to discuss...

Rob
                                [u:146m4fwx][i:146m4fwx][b:146m4fwx]"Do No Harm."[/b:146m4fwx][/i:146m4fwx][/u:146m4fwx]

Comment

Working...