X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bansho
    • Apr 2007

Shobogenzo Vol. 3 4

Hi,

Following vol. 1 & 2, the remaining vol. 3 & 4 of the Nishijima & Cross translation of Dogen Zenji's Shobogenzo are now available as PDFs here.

Gassho
    Bansho
    ??
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Re: Shobogenzo Vol. 3 4

Unfortunately, they removed all the footnotes with Japanese/Chinese Kanji in the process. That is really a shame, and takes away some of the great value of the translation (as a translation). I am not clear on why it was necessary for them to do so. I am supposed to see Nishijima Roshi tomorrow at his apartment, so I will ask him about that.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Bansho
      • Apr 2007

Re: Shobogenzo Vol. 3 4

Hi Jundo,

Originally posted by Jundo
      Unfortunately, they removed all the footnotes with Japanese/Chinese Kanji in the process. That is really a shame, and takes away some of the great value of the translation (as a translation). I am not clear on why it was necessary for them to do so.
      Yeah, I know. For that and other reasons, I still think it's still very much worth having the actual books. My primary reference is the Nishijima/Linnebach (German) version, but having the English PDFs is also an invaluable resource, if not perfect.

Originally posted by Jundo
      I am supposed to see Nishijima Roshi tomorrow at his apartment, so I will ask him about that.
      Oh, that's great. Best of luck to you with that!

Gassho
      Bansho
      ??

Comment

Working...