Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gareth
    • Jun 2020

Hello,

I think our structure is usually given by what makes our day, along with the liturgy we add. With the liturgy, maybe bear in mind that others in the Sangha are all doing the same or similar, i.e. it really is a structure we all essentially follow.

There is also a thread here on suggested liturgy: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/foru...t-Home-Liturgy. I do recommend the small book listed there by John Daido Loori on daily practice - “Bringing the Sacred to Life”.

And like Bion says, we fully take part in life, laugh and work with others. We do it with as much equanimity and compassion as we have, and this will tend to grow on the zafu. The small or large trials in daily life are also part of the structure, i.e. times for our practice.

There are also the tea mornings and the zazen sessions hosted each day by dedicated people here.

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today, Lah

Comment

• Hokin
      • Oct 2019

Hello John.
      I only want to let you know that you are not alone! We are all here to be with you and to share and comfort in any possible way.
      As for what I can offer is not much...but at least, for sure, feel free to message me ant time! I am friendly and who knows...maybe we can sometimes manage to chat a bit and also practice together, speak about personal issues in zen practice and also in daily life...or whatever! Really mean it...message me!

Gassho.
      Hokin.
      SAT&LAH.
      法 金
      (Dharma)(Metal)
      Wisdom Is Compassion & Compassion Is Wisdom.

Comment

• Rich
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by JohnS
        I was going to speak with Jundo privately about this, but figured it may be useful to others. I find that my following of Zen Buddhism is leaving me feeling alone, disconnected and empty. I feel as if there is no structure, just nothing. I feel no joy in it, I just feel cut off. Has anyone else experienced this?

Gassho

John

SatToday
        Well, we are alone. Our basic condition is aloneness but it’s connected to everything. Feeling disconnected is loneliness, created by the mind. We’ve all experienced this. Sometimes it swings back and forth

Sat/lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        _/_
        Rich
        MUHYO
        無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Comment

Working...