A Little Assignment for Today: Tell Someone What They Mean To You

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billy
    • Apr 2017

Sent an old friend a message today (hadn't really spoken in years) how much, through his kindness in times past, he had changed my life for the better. He had helped me in a time in my life that carried me to where I am today and I am grateful.

Clear and humbling experience doing so, truly special. Thank you for the direction.

Gassho,
    Billy
    SatToday

Comment

• Jishin
      • Oct 2012

My wife thinks I am being creepy when I tell her how much she means to me. Not sure about this exercise.

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

Comment

• Tai Shi
        • Oct 2014

Yes, I tell my wife often how much I love her, for she is, and always will be my best friend, our heritage, our understanding. Yet, for my daughter, this comes harder, and I have told her that I love her, that this is what I mean when I say it on the phone, and yet. I'm not sure she hears me, or maybe she has learned to see me through her mother when she says, I love YOU GUYS. So I will learn to see her through her mother who she has so much more in common with, and always, she will be my little girl.

Tai Shi
        std
        Gassho
        Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Mp

Originally posted by Tai Shi
          Yes, I tell my wife often how much I love her, for she is, and always will be my best friend, our heritage, our understanding. Yet, for my daughter, this comes harder, and I have told her that I love her, that this is what I mean when I say it on the phone, and yet. I'm not sure she hears me, or maybe she has learned to see me through her mother when she says, I love YOU GUYS. So I will learn to see her through her mother who she has so much more in common with, and always, she will be my little girl.

Tai Shi
          std
          Gassho
          Hey Tai Shi,

Love comes in many forms and not just in words ... what we do supports what we say. =)

Gassho
          Shingen

s@today

Comment

• Jyukatsu
            • Nov 2015

Thank you Shingen.
            Gassho,
            Jyūkatsu,
            sat today
            柔 Jyū flexible
            活 Katsu energetic

Comment

• Washin
              Treeleaf Unsui
              • Dec 2014

Love comes in many forms and not just in words ... what we do supports what we say. =)

Gassho
              Washin
              st
              Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
              Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
              ----
              I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
              and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Comment

• Kyonin
                Treeleaf Priest / Engineer
                • Oct 2010

Hi all,

Yesterday we celebrated Mother's Day here in Mexico. I called my mom, told her how much she means and thanked her for all she has done.

She remained silent. Then told me I was weird and went on to talk about her soap operas.

That's me mom

Gassho,

Kyonin
                SatToday
                Hondō Kyōnin
                奔道 協忍

Comment

• Mp

Originally posted by Kyonin
                  Hi all,

Yesterday we celebrated Mother's Day here in Mexico. I called my mom, told her how much she means and thanked her for all she has done.

She remained silent. Then told me I was weird and went on to talk about her soap operas.

That's me mom

Gassho,

Kyonin
                  SatToday
                  You and I have the same mother Kyonin. =)

Gassho
                  Shingen

s@today

Comment

• Jakuden
                    • Jun 2015

Hi all,

That's me mom

Gassho,

Kyonin
                    SatToday
                    Hilarious [emoji1] Deep bows Kyonin, you will not ever regret being a loving, kind son. I hope that at some point before my Mom died I told her how much she meant to me straight out like that, but I'm not sure I ever did.

Gassho
                    Jakuden
                    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jundo
                      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                      • Apr 2006

Hi all,

That's me mom

Gassho,

Kyonin
                      SatToday
                      Lovely.

My dear, late mother was different. She is the one who would call me once a day, during her soap opera commercials, to ask me why I hadn't called HER in the last 24 hours to thank her for all she's done!

Oh, I really miss her.

Gassho, J

SatToday

PS - I exaggerate a bit. I was more like "once a month", and often during the nightly news.
                      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Jishin
                        • Oct 2012

My mother was a different type of cat. She would call me a Nazi and Hitler from time to time. That's no joke. [emoji2]

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

Comment

• Meitou
                          • Feb 2017

In the great scheme of things, a sick cat might not seem too big a deal, but I want to tell you all how grateful I've been for your support, your kind comments and your lovely Metta this week on Insight Timer after I shared that my little devil cat Pepe was ill. He's making a good recovery and we are both feeling the love. I don't have the words to express my gratitude for this Sangha, but believe me when I say it's measureless. All I have to give is my thanks and a deep bow.
                          Gassho

Sat with you all today
                          命 Mei - life
                          島 Tou - island

Comment

• Ansan

Gratitude to Hoko for suggesting an application called "Randomly Remind Me" (Deep bows, Hoko!) to send daily reminders to be grateful (and drink more water!).

Today was Dump Day. We live in a remote area of the desert in Arizona where there is no trash pickup. The lady that is the manager of the dump sits in the shade of a small open shack. She is usually cranky and curt (can't imagine why ) as she points out the large container where we should throw our refuse. It was 100 in the shade and the flies were insane today. After dumping our refuse, I approached her and she kept looking at her puzzle book and snapped "Yeah?" without looking up. I asked if I could talk with her for a minute. She looked up, her face harshly tanned from years in the sun. When I told her that we appreciated all her efforts and help, she seemed embarrassed and said that she doesn't really "do" anything but point...but she does so much more, including keeping a very messy location relatively orderly. She was still grumpy as I thanked her but as I walked away, she almost inaudibly said "it is nice to be appreciated though."

There are so many thankless jobs and I hope we can all find ways to tell them how much we recognize their efforts and help to keep us clean, safe, comfortable and alive.

Gassho Jundo and Hoko and all the Sangha for sharing.

Ansan
                            SatToday

Comment

• Tairin
                              • Feb 2016

Today I turned 50 years old.

This morning before the day got started I sent a note to all of my family listing things in my life I am thankful for including a specific message to each one of them thanking them for being the people they are and what they've meant to my life. I wanted to share my gratitude with them before the day inevitably became all about me.

I'd also like to thank the Treeleaf Sangha. Since I have joined Treeleaf I have learned so much from each of you. Honestly I wouldn't have been comfortable sending my note this morning without the inspiring examples from people here. Thank you.

Gassho
                              Warren
                              Sat today
                              泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Comment

• Jakuden
                                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by awarren
                                Today I turned 50 years old.

This morning before the day got started I sent a note to all of my family listing things in my life I am thankful for including a specific message to each one of them thanking them for being the people they are and what they've meant to my life. I wanted to share my gratitude with them before the day inevitably became all about me.

I'd also like to thank the Treeleaf Sangha. Since I have joined Treeleaf I have learned so much from each of you. Honestly I wouldn't have been comfortable sending my note this morning without the inspiring examples from people here. Thank you.

Gassho
                                Warren
                                Sat today
                                Hey! We were born about 2 weeks apart, my 50th is Memorial Day weekend [emoji16] Happy birthday and thank you for your practice [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]
                                Gassho
                                Jakuden
                                SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...