X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Aucoinj
    Does that mean though, that if we CAN fix a problem, we SHOULDN’T? If it’s raining & you have no umbrella, but there is a shelter close by, do you accept the rain & not move, or do you go to the shelter? Does accepting mean that we can’t fix it it if there’s a way within our reach?
    No, no. Of course, we try to fix what we can, do our best to stay dry and healthy.

As well, part of us will always detest getting caught in the freezing rain, sick with pneumonia as a result!

But there is also a part of us who can accept what is, fixed or not, and can leap right past "rain or sun" "healthy and sick."

So, leap past all ideas of what should be, even as you try to make better what you can. All at once.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Josh7
      • Jan 2023

I loved the message of this video! What a great message regarding suffering. I like this idea of “…..yield to it…be free with it…come to terms with it..”! It’s our attachment to things that cause all the problems

Thank you Jundo

Gassho
      Jeff
      Sat today

Comment

• Fâtih
        • Feb 2020

alan watts says in one of his books that his ex-nazi monk friend told him about somepeople who contemplated bombs dropping over them during the war experienced an enlightenment-like mind states because they accepted that bombs should have dropped as they are..

thank you Jundo

gassho
        fâtih
        sati

Comment

• Seiko
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Jul 2020

Suffering seems to be so integral to life as to be inseparable. Only this morning, my 7 year old Granddaughter cried because she bumped her head.

Those who to live, die.
          Those who love, grieve.

Accepting the suffering is sometimes easier than other times.

To remain calm and make the right decisions, to always help others and never cause harm, to alleviate the suffering of others - if I could always do this I would be a saint (my wife can tell you that I am not a saint).
          We do what we can.

Gasshō
          Seiko
          stlah
          Gandō Seiko
          頑道清光
          (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Comment

• Luke108
            • Nov 2018

Thank you Jundo.

Sat today

Luke

Comment

Working...