X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakuden
    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Doyū
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5859[/ATTACH]

Here is a random photo from our day yesterday, visiting friends who farm with horses. _()_

gashho

doyu lah and sat today
    Beautiful! Where do you live?, I have forgotten. We have Amish around here that farm with horses, and use no electricity, actually they built our barn.

I had a horsey day today. Officially ignoring Doctors’ (or at least Pharmacists’) orders...

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Shokai
      Treeleaf Priest
      • Mar 2009

Jakuden;
      Love your "bad girl playing hooky" pic

gassho, Shokai
      stlah
      合掌,生開
      gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Jishin
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Jakuden
        Beautiful! Where do you live?, I have forgotten. We have Amish around here that farm with horses, and use no electricity, actually they built our barn.

I had a horsey day today. Officially ignoring Doctors’ (or at least Pharmacists’) orders...

Gassho
        Jakuden
        SatToday/LAH

Looks great Jakuden! Horses are so beautiful and come in second only to dogs as pets in my opinion. They are also fine subjects for photography. How many do you own?

Gasho, Jishin, __/stlah\__

Comment

• Jakuden
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Jishin
          Looks great Jakuden! Horses are so beautiful and come in second only to dogs as pets in my opinion. They are also fine subjects for photography. How many do you own?

Thank you! We have two, this mare Dixie, and a senior palomino gelding named Ketis. Shinshi and I were recently discussing how horses are the ultimate Zen teachers, as they immediately reflect back to us their perception of our every mood and action. It’s impossible not to become more self aware around them!

My older daughter on Ketis this past spring [emoji3590]

Gassho
          Jakuden
          SatToday/LAH

Comment

• Jishin
            • Oct 2012

What a great pic!

Comment

• Shonin Risa Bear
              • Apr 2019

We are near Eugene, OR, friends farming near Scio, outside of Salem or Albany, OR. Nice photos, Jakuden!

Gassho
              doyu sat today
              Visiting priest: use salt

Comment

• krissydear
                • Jul 2019

Here was my favorite view from this past weekend. I hope it brings you as much joy as it brought me.

IMG_3427.jpg

Gassho
                krissy
                sat today
                Thank you for teaching me.

I am very much a beginner and appreciate any words you may give me.

Comment

• Mp

Originally posted by krissydear
                  Here was my favorite view from this past weekend. I hope it brings you as much joy as it brought me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5862[/ATTACH]

Gassho
                  krissy
                  sat today
                  Someones nose knows. =)

Gassho
                  Shingen

Sat/LAH

Comment

• Tai Shi
                    • Oct 2014

Dear kissydear, I've seen some very beautiful photos as I was passing your little rectangle. I have taken beautiful photos even with my camera phone. So why the little rectangle? I know from my recliner it seems restful. But, my left knee is wrapped in a cooling jacket of a polar ice machine. But from my recliner, the view is becoming monotonous. However, I don't hurt like I did, The artificial knee is healing. Soon, it will be just as, almost, as the fresh natural one. I damaged nerves that I will never get back. Anything bad might happen to my knee, thigh, calf, and I won't feel the full force. I only hope I can avoid danger. All these "if s." I am so much improved, and soon I will be walking, and I live with discomfort for the improvement. I'm Listening to soft music in my favorite chair, body reclined, with a computer I doubled in clock speed just while living in my chair, using mouse and keyboard here by changing the bios. I am reasonably content. I have never learned to resize photos on a computer though I'm told it's simple with my existing software. So I have in words given you a different picture. See, I am a poet.

Tai Shi
                    sat
                    Gassho
                    Last edited by Tai Shi; 07-29-2019, 09:58 PM. Reason: necessary
                    Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Tai Shi
                      • Oct 2014

Believe me Jukuden Horses are not the ultimate Zen teacher, so try pain, try photography, try poetry, Haiku, Sonnet, wine making while abstaining from the wine. There are billions upon billions of galaxies and each one is a Zen teacher, or a billion upon billion Zen teachers. Just saying, I am healing from a total knee revision of a total knee, double the pain because it was a revision, and surgery was more than double in every way. A few years back Daizan said pain would be my Zen teacher. He was right.

Tai Shi
                      sat
                      Gassho

Comment

• Kyonin
                        Treeleaf Priest / Engineer
                        • Oct 2010

Coffee anyone?

IMG_20190725_173157.jpg

Gassho,

Kyonin
                        Sat/LAH
                        Hondō Kyōnin
                        奔道 協忍

Comment

• Jishin
                          • Oct 2012

Looks delicious!

Comment

• krissydear
                            • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Kyonin
                            Coffee anyone?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5868[/ATTACH]

Gassho,

Kyonin
                            Sat/LAH
                            tasty!

Originally posted by Tai Shi
                            Dear kissydear, I've seen some very beautiful photos as I was passing your little rectangle. I have taken beautiful photos even with my camera phone. So why the little rectangle? I know from my recliner it seems restful. But, my left knee is wrapped in a cooling jacket of a polar ice machine. But from my recliner, the view is becoming monotonous. However, I don't hurt like I did, The artificial knee is healing. Soon, it will be just as, almost, as the fresh natural one. I damaged nerves that I will never get back. Anything bad might happen to my knee, thigh, calf, and I won't feel the full force. I only hope I can avoid danger. All these "if s." I am so much improved, and soon I will be walking, and I live with discomfort for the improvement. I'm Listening to soft music in my favorite chair, body reclined, with a computer I doubled in clock speed just while living in my chair, using mouse and keyboard here by changing the bios. I am reasonably content. I have never learned to resize photos on a computer though I'm told it's simple with my existing software. So I have in words given you a different picture. See, I am a poet.

Tai Shi
                            sat
                            Gassho
                            I would love to take a photography class. it would be fun to take even more beautiful photos like the ones shared here. I understand a little of your pain. I did not need surgery as you did, but I injured the muscles in my foot and leg, so my view recently has been from a reclining position. In that moment of the picture, i felt like you did, somewhat restful and happy to be with my dogs. I do like the picture of improvement you paint. I am working towards that too.

Thank you for your thoughts and attention. I will do Metta for you for both of us.

next time, I will share a more interesting photo! And perhaps from a different perspective.

Gassho
                            krissy
                            sat/lah today
                            Thank you for teaching me.

I am very much a beginner and appreciate any words you may give me.

Comment

• Tai Shi
                              • Oct 2014

Dear friend, I hope you feel better.

Tai Shi
                              Gassho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Washin
                                Treeleaf Unsui
                                • Dec 2014

A little prickly buddha that I came across yesterday..
                                67495201_10157229245942660_7760973730271985664_n.jpg

Gassho
                                Washin
                                sat/lah
                                Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
                                Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
                                ----
                                I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
                                and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Comment

Working...