ARTS: Welcome to the Treeleaf Opera House

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shonin Risa Bear
    • Apr 2019

Possible incomplete thought in my post: the arrival times are constantly variable because of the multiple latencies, which is variable over the different routes. Multiple servers take part, as nodes. Hence cannot be predicted. This was said to be a feature, not a bug -- if Cincinatti was taken out by a nuclear weapon, the file would try Houston instead, to get to Atlanta. At least, so they told me two decades ago ... I might be out of date, which would NOT be surprising.

_()_

gassho
    doyu shonin sat today (no lah yet)
    Last edited by Shonin Risa Bear; 01-25-2021, 03:27 PM.
    Visiting priest: use salt

Comment

• Ryumon
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Shōnin Risa Bear
      Possible incomplete thought in my post: the arrival times are constantly variable because of the multiple latencies, which is variable over the different routes. Multiple servers take part, as nodes. Hence cannot be predicted. This was said to be a feature, not a bug -- if Cincinatti was taken out by a nuclear weapon, the file would try Houston instead, to get to Atlanta. At least, so they told me two decades ago ... I might be out of date, which would NOT be surprising.
      Yes, data travels different paths, according to what is the most efficient at the time. But the latency begins at the point where a computer or devices connecting to their ISP, and that can be quite variable. Then the response time of their DNS server. Then the response time of the next upstream server. And so on. It's the IndrasNet.

Gassho,

Kirk

sat
      ---
      Ryūmon (Kirk)
      流文

SAT/LAH

I know nothing.

Comment

• Koutoku
        • Mar 2020

I love opera. Elina Garanca and Sumi Jo are my favorite female singers. I can't sing but looking forward to listen to what you come up with.

Gassho,

Koutoku
        SAT
        Koutoku

Comment

• Tai Shi
          • Oct 2014

Excuse my spelling, please. My favorite opera is La Böhm, Puccini which I saw performed when I was 19-years old at La Scala. Plácido Don Domingo was the tenor lead. I was vagabonding in Europe from September 1971 to May 1972.
          Gassho
          sat/ lah
          Tai Shi
          Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

Working...