• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kokuu
    Treeleaf Priest
    • Nov 2012

Guided Tonglen meditation and teaching

Dear all

Tai Shi requested a guided tonglen meditation so I found this one by Pema Chödrön for the time being, although may produce one myself also:

A leading exponent of teachings on meditation and how they apply to everyday life, Pema Chödrön is widely known for her insightful, down-to-earth interpretat...

Something that Jundo said recently about this tonglen practice 'class' made me think I should be offering a greater explanation of the practice and even guide the first part of it.

Would those involved welcome that? At present I have just left you to it in the manner of zazen but am happy to expound forth a bit more (although am not going to be giving 40 minute talks so don't worry!).

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
  • Sydney
    • Aug 2010

Pema was my introduction to tonglen, and her presentation of both tonglen and lojong remain more clear and meaningful to me than what I get from other teachers.

Tonglen is definitely one of the practices that merits a little introduction, both in terms of explanation and guidance. But with just a little initial boost, I found that the practice explained itself pretty quickly.

Sydney
    SatToday
    Diligently attain nothing. Sort of. Best not to over-think it.
    http://www.janxter.com/

Comment

• Eishuu

Thanks for the video Kokuu. After watching Jundo's video today I feel inspired to start practising Tonglen so that was helpful.

Gassho
      Lucy
      ST/LAH

Comment

• Meitou
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Sydney
        Pema was my introduction to tonglen, and her presentation of both tonglen and lojong remain more clear and meaningful to me than what I get from other teachers.

Tonglen is definitely one of the practices that merits a little introduction, both in terms of explanation and guidance. But with just a little initial boost, I found that the practice explained itself pretty quickly.

Sydney
        SatToday
        Yes, Pema was my way in to Tonglen and Lojong too. I think the very first Buddhist book I bought was Start Where You Are - she's a genuinely inspiring writer who seems to be able to reach out to people of all beliefs and none at all.
        I think anything you put together would be great for us Kokuu, I look forward to that.

Gassho
        Frankie
        satwithyoualltoday/lah
        命 Mei - life
        島 Tou - island

Comment

• Kyousui
          • Feb 2017

Secular Buddhists on Tonglen

For the reference value:http://secularbuddhism.org/forums/to...ircle-tonglen/ has an article on Tonglen also.

S@2day/LAH

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

Comment

• Kokuu
            Treeleaf Priest
            • Nov 2012

Nice! Thank you, Tom!

Gassho
            Kokuu
            -sattoday/lah-

Comment

Working...