Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onkai
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Aug 2015

Thank you, Shugen, for these videos. Reviewing them has been very helpful for me. A question came up, though. I ordered my oryoki set from the LA Zen Center. The centers of my bowls are red and my wrapping cloth and napkin are white. My napkin and cleaning cloth are a different size from yours. Is that okay? Thank you again.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Shugen
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Onkai
      Thank you, Shugen, for these videos. Reviewing them has been very helpful for me. A question came up, though. I ordered my oryoki set from the LA Zen Center. The centers of my bowls are red and my wrapping cloth and napkin are white. My napkin and cleaning cloth are a different size from yours. Is that okay? Thank you again.

Gassho,
      Onkai
      SatToday
      Hello,

Hmmm... As long as it's not a really big difference in the size it should be fine. You want to be sure the napkin is large enough to cover your lap. White is not the best color choice for the napkin and wrapping cloth (stains really show up). It's not a big deal though. You can try dyeing them if you're concerned. The red center bowls are okay also.

Gassho,

Shugen

#sattoday
      Meido Shugen
      明道 修眼

Comment

• Onkai
        Treeleaf Unsui
        • Aug 2015

Thank you. I'll think about dyeing the napkin and wrapping cloth. The napkin does cover my lap, but not my rakusu at the same time.

Gassho,
        Onkai
        SatToday
        美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
        恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Shugen
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Onkai
          Thank you. I'll think about dyeing the napkin and wrapping cloth. The napkin does cover my lap, but not my rakusu at the same time.

Gassho,
          Onkai
          SatToday
          [emoji1303]

Gassho,

Shugen
          Meido Shugen
          明道 修眼

Comment

Working...