Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onkai
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Aug 2015

Thank you, Jundo, It's amazing what masters can do with words. Some of it isn't lost in the paraphrasing. I've been going over the long post you linked and I think it will be very helpful. After the initial feeling of overwhelm, I studied the post and ordered Realizing Genjokoan. (I always felt overwhelmed at the beginning of the semester in college, too, but did well) I'm looking forward to the books on the Lotus Sutra and the Lotus Sutra and Dogen, but I'm going to pace myself. Thank you again.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Ansan

Thank you, Jundo. Because of my limited access to the internet, I do not participate often. However, I did want to respond to this post. You are my teacher and so is Dogan. Over this short time that I have been with you, I have gathered and read several books on Buddhism, Zen and otherwise. My first intro to Dogen was thru you and "Moon in a Dewdrop". I loved his approach and writings so much that I decided to read, what I thought was going to be daunting, Shobogenzo. At first I tried downloading a pdf but that became tedious...not the reading but the massive amount of paper because I wanted a hardcopy. So I bought the book. And am now reading from the beginning. Currently, I am at Fascicle #23 Bussho. It overwhelmed me in a wonderful way. Just as the previous fascicles...even the rules. I will never take toilet paper for granted again.

Having just become a Zen Buddhist, I now know that I always was. In the world of the arts, so much is Zen. And I did not know what it was called then, before. Jazz and the classical and contemporary music are Zen, as are my favorite writers Elliot and Dodgson and the game of Go (newbie me) and all of the visual arts if they are honest and seem to make no-sense but do. Children are Zen. All of life is Zen. And that too is overwhelming. Trying to explain it to someone is futile (another Zen word from Startrek). For me, it is necessary to do my work.

Gassho and deep bows,

Ansan
      SatToday

Comment

• odiedoodie
        • Apr 2012

Fabulous album!!!!
        Gassho
        Jon T

Comment

• Jundo
          Treeleaf Founder and Priest
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Sto
          Out of boredom I rediscovered these Jems (my ‘love supreme’ vinyl and this sit along). As a lover of Jazz I’m here to say that this is my favorite sit along and probably always will be[emoji3]

Gassho
          Tom
          Sat/LAH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
          Glad that this is helpful, Tom.

My new book, "The Zen Master's Dance," to be put out by Wisdom Publications in 2020 (!!), is an expanded version on this theme.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
          ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Kyotai

Originally posted by Jundo
            Glad that this is helpful, Tom.

My new book, "The Zen Master's Dance," to be put out by Wisdom Publications in 2020 (!!), is an expanded version on this theme.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
            Looking forward to it Jundo

Gassho Kyotai
            St

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ryudo
              • Nov 2015

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho
              SatToday