My Cancer Ango - 3 - Dukkha

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Troy
    • Sep 2013

Thank you for this lesson. Gassho [emoji1374]. Wishing you well in your surgery

Sat2day

Comment

• Onkai
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Aug 2015

Thank you, Jundo. These lessons are touching. You're in my thoughts and heart.

Gassho,
      Onkai
      Sat/LAH
      美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
      恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Tenrai
        • Aug 2017

Thank you again Jundo. Your wise words and honesty not only touch me, but in my everyday work I am with people who are suffering to a greater or lesser extent. I will take some of your thoughts and observations into my work practice as well as my Buddhist practice. Your courage to share will bring benefit to others I have no doubt
        Gassho
        Richard
        SAT/LAH

Comment

• Toun
          • Jan 2013

Jundo,

You are always in our hearts and thoughts. There is so much teaching in your words.

Deep bows

Gasho
          Mike/Toun
          SAT

Comment

• Tai Shi
            • Oct 2014

Hello All, And _/|\_ Ten years ago I had no idea of birth and death--I was 56, weighed 260 lbs. and was stuck in a cycle of spend money I did not have. Seven years ago I came very close to death three times, and I mean ICU, cardiac, bleeding, stomach, 10 units of blood, four platelets, and kidney disease, all in the course of three months, poison, as I was experimented upon with antipsychotic drugs, and I began to meditate, counting breath on my own after reading The Idiots Guide to Buddhism. Four years ago an ugly old disease raised its ugly head causing level 10 pain 165 lbs, and new drugs including opiates and new injections, and today I take a new and more effective injectable, 1/5 the opiates, more effective medications,will soon have a new knee, I have a pacemaker, and I am 195 lbs. I cannot tell you that I am not afraid of pain, and I continue to meditate, Zazen--Shikantaza. I have a world of new friends with whom I often sit Zazen. I love my life, and this Ango I am gaining freedom from my spending cycle with the help of AA after 30 years of sobriety, and A Methodist Minister--I also pray for Jundo. I want to enter death someday peacefully. I Love my teacher who faces more than I can bare now, and I love my family.

Tai Shi
            sat today
            Gassho
            MY Love FOR JUNDO ROSHI, my teacher
            Last edited by Tai Shi; 12-11-2017, 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling, clarification.
            Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Byokan
              Treeleaf Unsui
              • Apr 2014

Gassho
              Byōkan
              sat + lah
              展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
              Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Comment

• Horin
                • Dec 2017

thanks for those words and all the best for you, jundo!

Comment

Working...