March 6th-7th, 2015 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tai Shi
    • Oct 2014

Jundo, I feel for you and know also arthritis of my spine--being 55 not only did I receive discounts, but sometimes a little more consideration. I now am 63, and when I was 55 I gave up teaching in higher education. Now I am fully retired. Nor could I work. The body wears out, and my sensibilities are more acute. I predict that in spite of the aging process, life is better. For me age brings the actual foundation of my being. I am grateful for life, and because I've come so very close to death, I now know I can make my life ready for the end. I do not fear death, nor am afraid of life. I only seek peace. So much of my life was not peace, and now it's time for peace. Thank you for this Zazenkai. Thank you for teaching, for showing us our own grass hut,

Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho _/\_
    Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Elgwyn
      Jundo, I feel for you and know also arthritis of my spine--being 55 not only did I receive discounts, but sometimes a little more consideration. I now am 63, and when I was 55 I gave up teaching in higher education. Now I am fully retired. Nor could I work. The body wears out, and my sensibilities are more acute. I predict that in spite of the aging process, life is better. For me age brings the actual foundation of my being. I am grateful for life, and because I've come so very close to death, I now know I can make my life ready for the end. I do not fear death, nor am afraid of life. I only seek peace. So much of my life was not peace, and now it's time for peace. Thank you for this Zazenkai. Thank you for teaching, for showing us our own grass hut,

Elgwyn
      sat today
      Gassho _/\_
      Yes. In impermanent Grass Hut, there is such which does not age, such which does not die.

Gassho, J
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Jika
        • Jun 2014

Thanks to all.
        Thank you, Jundo, for your talk, and for your example.
        May you be healthy and at ease in all your ills.

Gassho,
        Danny
        #sattoday
        治 Ji
        花 Ka

Comment

• Matt
          • Oct 2012

"Our life is covered by weeds...We must learn to pick the weeds even as we let them be. It's a Zen trick. We work to solve our problems, to simplify our life, to clear away the obstructions, even as we just let it be."

Matt
          #SatToday

Comment

• FabianS
            • Nov 2014

Sat this yesterday. Very inspiring talk, made me reflect a lot later and gave me some nice insights. I always fancy a big place for myself, now a small, simple place sounds already very promising and even more peaceful and calm than any big mansion could offer.
            Thank you all for that!

Gassho, Fabian
            #SATTODAY
            It's not about me. It's not about you. It's about us.

Comment

Working...