June 16th-17th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - I Don't Believe In Buddha!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

June 16th-17th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - I Don't Believe In Buddha!

That's why I believe in Buddha!

Today's Zazenkai Little Talk is based on my 2011 Talk ...

SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: I Don't Believe in Buddha!!
    LINK HERE

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 9pm, LA 6pm Friday night, London 2am and Paris 3am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

ATTENTION: Everyone, when rising for Kinhin or Ceremonies after Zazen, get up slowly, don't rush, hold something stable, you won't be "late," so TAKE YOUR TIME! Make sure you are careful getting up!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

I also recommend a little Talk on why small rituals and procedures are so cherished in the Zendo:

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Small Things in the Zendo

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-in-the-Zendo
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-23-2023, 01:10 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE
  • Huichan
    • Jan 2022

Was nice to see a lot of familiar faces for the first time in a while. With the summer holiday coming up and some changes in my work schedule after that, I will hopefully be back at zazenkai more regularly again in the future.

Ross
    stlah
    Last edited by Huichan; 06-17-2023, 03:21 AM.
    慧禅 | Huìchán | Ross

Comment

• Shade
      • Aug 2020

Many thanks to Jundo and Onkai for a wonderful Zazenkai. It was great to see everyone as well.

Gassho,

Chukyo

ST

Comment

• Chikyou
        • May 2022

I had a wonderful Zazenkai experience today sitting with the recording. Fantastic talk Jundo, one of my favorites!

I love that I can never quite tell if I'm hearing the birds outside my window, or the birds all the way from Japan; they all blend together, one unified mass of singing birds.

Gassho,
        SatLah
        Kelly
        Chikyō 知鏡
        (KellyLM)

Comment

• Shonin Risa Bear
          • Apr 2019

My autistic son says that the problems normies have come from their having beliefs.

gassho

ds sat -- just now. I am a big fan of kyousui.
          Visiting priest: use salt

Comment

• Kotei
            Treeleaf Unsui
            • Mar 2015

Thank you everyone!

Gassho,
            Kotei sat/lah today.
            義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Comment

• Tairin
              • Feb 2016

Thank you everyone. I sat with you last night.

Originally posted by KellyLM
              I love that I can never quite tell if I'm hearing the birds outside my window, or the birds all the way from Japan; they all blend together, one unified mass of singing birds.
              I like this too. It helps take some of the virtual out of the virtual sangha.

Tairin
              Sat today and lah
              泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

All of life is our temple

Comment

• Houzan
                • Dec 2022

Sat with you all on this one just now. Thank you, Treeleaf[emoji120]

Gassho, Michael
                Satlah

Comment

• Tokan
                  • Oct 2016

Sat today

Gassho, Tokan

satlah
                  平道 島看 Heidou Tokan (Balanced Way Island Nurse)
                  I enjoy learning from everyone, I simply hope to be a friend along the way

Comment

• Tai Shi
                    • Oct 2014

I'm going on eight years as an involved member. Treeleaf has become the central part of my spiritual life, and there are many who do not understand this. But as years go on, Treeleaf is my most lovely place I attend, and often I will spend hours a day on poetry threads, and hours reading posts. I try to sit daily with a group. Maybe spirit is too strong a word; when I don't sit, I don't attend. Spiritual is not the right word, rather moral.
                    Gassho
                    sat/lah
                    Last edited by Tai Shi; 06-29-2023, 11:31 AM.
                    Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• joshr
                      • Jul 2022

Tossing in my own two cents worth: Adding to Jundo's "lack of belief in the Buddha", I also don't believe in Dependent Origination, Impermanence, or Emptiness/Interbeing.

Dependent Origination, Impermanence, and Emptiness/Interbeing aren't things to be believed in, they are observable, verifiable facts.

I reserve the word "believe" for thing that cannot be observed, but must only be inferred.

Gassho,
                      Joshua

Sat this morning, Lent a hand.

Comment

• Tai Shi
                        • Oct 2014

For me, Enlightenment is very easy. Generosity, Gratitude, Empathy, Regard for the sexuality of the Earth and all its species, Care and understanding, strong positive emotion like happiness, Joy, and love. Renouncing hate. Accepting one's own limits. Denying evil, and giving loyalty. If a person can find themselves at age 71 seeking all of this, one in Enlightened. The Buddha and Jesus would agree with me.
                        Gassho
                        sat/lah
                        Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

Working...