Tai Shi,
    sat lah
    Gassho

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
    Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Heiso
      • Jan 2019

Thank you to everyone who made this happen. As is typical I got nowhere near the free time I thought I might get but managed to join live a couple of times - I'm not sure if anyone noticed the small person running in with a nosebleed which brought that session to an abrupt halt. I also managed to join in one way a few times while doing a bit of 'householder samu'.

Gassho,

Neil

StLah

Comment

• Science Abbot
        • Dec 2018

Thank you, Treeleaf!

Just finished the complete Rohatsu. This is my first full two-day retreat on-line or off-line. I expect there to be many more such days as time goes on. Since I learned of Shitou, I have identified closely with his writings, and it was a joy to contemplate his "Song of the Grass-Roof Hermitage" as a theme for this Rohatsu. This was a sometimes difficult, sometimes illuminating, and always worthwhile experience. Many sincere thanks to those who spoke, those who labored and all those who participated.

With deep bows in gassho,
        Mui
        Sat/LAH
        無依 Mui
        "Relies on Nothing"

Comment

• Meian
          • Apr 2015

Thank you to all for your hard work and dedication. I was able to participate at least once "live" and other parts by YouTube, much of it reclined.

The timing with family schedules, but also my health (and my brain) would not cooperate.... I am deeply grateful that I can sit recorded units, and sit other units to practice again. I will keep this link saved.

Very beautiful and comforting, my Treeleaf family.

Gassho2
          Kim
          Rt

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
          鏡道 |​ Kyodo (Meian) | "Mirror of the Way"
          visiting Unsui
          Nothing I say is a teaching, it's just my own opinion.

Comment

• Myoku
            • Jul 2010

Thank you ! So grateful for this Sangha. Some great talks, all of them, you spread so much good vibes!
            Gassho
            Moyku
            sat

Comment

• Tenrai
              • Aug 2017

Thank you all for organising this. Have had to catch up and dip in when I could. Hiw lovely to be part of this.
              Gassho
              Richard

SAT/LAH

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jundo
                Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by EnlistedHipster
                Thank you to everyone who made this happen. As is typical I got nowhere near the free time I thought I might get but managed to join live a couple of times - I'm not sure if anyone noticed the small person running in with a nosebleed which brought that session to an abrupt halt. I also managed to join in one way a few times while doing a bit of 'householder samu'.

Gassho,

Neil

StLah
                The nosebleed was the real start of the sesshin!

Even the Buddha had nose bleeds, for sure.

Gassho, J

Stlah
                Last edited by Jundo; 12-10-2019, 12:18 AM.
                ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Shonin Risa Bear
                  • Apr 2019

I like these views of your practice a LOT, Anna. _()_ _()_ _()_

gassho
                  doyu sat today
                  Visiting priest: use salt

Comment

• Heiso
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Jundo
                    The nosebleed was the real start of the session!
                    That is so true!

Gassho,

Neil

StLah

Comment

• Shinshi
                      Treeleaf Unsui
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Anna
                      Thank you everyone everywhere.
                      The dedication to differently abled ancestors and the dedication to assigned female and female identifying ancestors almost brought me to tears.
                      The Dharma talks on such a beautiful poem over the two days filled out Fukanzazengi as read by Jundo in ways I didn't think were possible.
                      Thank you Treeleaf!
                      I had to get r e a l l y creative with my Shikantaza practice and how this Rohatsu was able to be completed but hey... I'm still here.
                      Below is what a LOT of my 'sitting' looked like when sitting was impossible, kinhin was too slow and painful and reclining positions were exhausted. It's a bit faster than kinhin but not as fast as regular walking.
                      Deep bows with the aid of a bamboo pole, thank you again.
                      Gassho
                      Anna

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Tapatalk
                      Thanks for sharing the pictures Anna. As you know I am dealing with a couple of herniated disks in my lower back. One of the things I have found is that regular Soto Kinhin is really painful - I can only last about 3 minutes. But if I speed up - more Rinzai style - it is much more tolerable. Makes me wonder if, back in the day, the Rinzai masters had bad backs.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
                      空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
                      There are those who, attracted by grass, flowers, mountains, and waters, flow into the Buddha way.
                      -Dogen
                      E84I - JAJ

Comment

• Meian
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Shinshi
                        Thanks for sharing the pictures Anna. As you know I am dealing with a couple of herniated disks in my lower back. One of the things I have found is that regular Soto Kinhin is really painful - I can only last about 3 minutes. But if I speed up - more Rinzai style - it is much more tolerable. Makes me wonder if, back in the day, the Rinzai masters had bad backs.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH

hmmmm, wonder if this is what i started doing? i know nothing about Rinzai, but i tend to topple over or sway when i try kinhin. so i don't.

i was reading something in another forum one day, and the person mentioned something about going out and "just walking." no speed, no purpose, no destination, no timing.

it sounded like a faster version of kinhin to me, and i was in the right mindset for it at the time, and i thought -- i'm going to try this.

i don't know if that is Rinzai style or not. haven't timed it, but i walk slowly now. i used to walk a lot faster, can't anymore. i like walking alone, because i go at my slow pace, and i like to stop and look at things, or just stop and breathe -- lately people have fireplaces (or fire-pits) going again, and it smells nice.

i never know what streets i'll be walking, or how long i'll be. i just go, and my body lets me know when it's time to turn around. it doesn't take long, but i dislike timing it.

i'm noticing that it hurts, but it's a different kind of hurt, and so far, i'm okay with that. i'm enjoying the solitude and the animals that join me on the way .... even if some of them are hunting other animals as they follow me ...... not so pleasant, but that is life.

gassho
                        kim
                        st
                        visiting Unsui

Comment

• Meian
                          • Apr 2015

Anna,

i love your photos, and what beautiful land (and horses!!) you are surrounded by

thank you for sharing

gassho
                          kim
                          st
                          visiting Unsui

Comment

• Naiko
                            • Aug 2019

Hi,
                            I sat with you all on Sunday and today. Thank you to all who made this possible. I don’t know if you usually co-teach a poem or sutra (since this was my first retreat), but it was really cool. I enjoyed everyone’s perspectives and how you all wove it together. Beautifully done by all.
                            Gassho,
                            Krista
                            sat and sat and sat today

Comment

• TyZa
                              • May 2016

This was my first retreat and participating two-way. Beautiful. Thank you all for your hard work and practice.

Gassho,
                              Tyler

SatToday

Comment

• Hokin
                                • Oct 2019

Hello everybody.
                                Just wanted to thank you a lot for this retreat!
                                I couldn't join live as much as i would have liked to, but I enjoyed it all the same...and many points for deepening both in insight and in practice (...same thing, uh?) have popped out...
                                I went through lots of practicing samu though....and comings back here and now while parenting and attending customers at work...trying to share nice vibe and words and thoughts and smiles to everybody around...while at the same time trying to be with you all even when Off line...
                                I am looking forward for sitting along "on demand" these next days...would like to go through the so many sittings I couldn't join live and the dharma talks and oryokis and bows and chantings I lost....oh geeez! How wonderful....so much good you are sharing with us all...This treeleaf sangha is such a grat wonderful dream....a Buddha dream for sure!
                                All of life is our temple!
                                And every sentient being we encounter and every situation we are in is a mirror and an opportunity for giving...I am so very lost in ego-driven thoughts so very often...sort of unconsciously keeping myself from givig myself all away to THIS...and still...trying to awaken every moment...calling it all back home...praticing a way to open my heart and flow with the flow and be of help whenever is needed and in any possible way...and Treeleaf is teaching me so much!
                                So...with nothing more but greatfulness and appreciation at heart that I feel now for you and this practice we share, I salute you in Gassho.

Arya.
                                ST&LAH.
                                法 金
                                (Dharma)(Metal)
                                Wisdom Is Compassion & Compassion Is Wisdom.

Comment

Working...