Zazen Sitting with the Euros/Kiwis (Daily)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bion
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Seishin
    First post in a long time but still sitting daily with the EKC.

Disappointingly we had 2 interlopers join this morning's session, intent on causing disruption. It was good practice to ignore their antics but obviously a concern that they have been to get hold of the "meeting" url.

Not sure if a new Zoom session needs setting up and adding to the Treeleaf Now pages ?

Kotei, I assume you were able to eject them from the session or did you just frighten off ?

Also first visit since the site upgrade and can't find anything but I thought a heads up was appropriate.

Sat
    Hi, Seishin. Unfortunately, they also came during zazenkai and I struggled to get them out. The meeting url is public, so anyone can join at any time.
    This appears to be an intentional “attack”, even coordinated, so yeah.. we need to figure out how to address it.
    Thanks for the heads up

Gassho
    sat and lah
    "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Bion
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Kotei
      Hello Seishin,
      yes, I enabled the waiting room, so they couldn't come back and kicked them out of the room.

They appeared in several sessions. I agree, we need to do something about it.
      Change access credentials or even reorganize how we are handling things if that doesn't help.

Gassho,
      Kotei sat/lah today.
      I suspect they probably come from Reddit. Might even have been just one person. I saw a young man for a bit, so his face is on this morning’s zazenkai recording.

Gassho
      sat and lah
      "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Seishin
        • Aug 2016

Kotei/Bion

Thank you for your replies, it is regrettable that they have chosen to drop in on other sessions as well, especially Zazenkai ! I did hear two voices at one point almost discussing how to get a reaction, so suspect it may not be just a lone wolf. I'll set up with the Zoom audio muted for our Sunday session, should they return.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
        Shin - Heart

Comment

• Jundo
          Treeleaf Founder and Priest
          • Apr 2006

I thank our team for dealing with this, and we will soon keep the interlopers out.

BUT, I like to remind folks of this: The "hijackers" are Buddhas and our teachers. Remember that we sit with "what is," whether storm, earthquake, noisy neighbors or "hijackers." A disturbance in truly only a "disturbance" if one is disturbed between one's own ears. If one is not disturbed, then there is no disturbance. Should you even find yourself in a "disturbing" situation, please "sit" (or however one finds oneself) right there. So, let us thank the hijackers for this most important Shikantaza lesson.

Gassho, Jundo
          stlah
          ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• MatthewD
            • Jan 2024

Greetings,

My first post here, but I saw this thread yesterday while I was checking to see if anyone was talking about what's happening. They were back again tonight for Washin's zazen, more rowdy than the previous times. I did some searching, I am not sure how the calls are run but I saw a host can automatically mute anyone's microphone that joins. They can also make it so people can't unmute, so they wouldn't be able to do what they are doing. The host can still unmute people though.

I thought Shonin's ending bell was fake because they were making sounds the entire time during zazen, which led to me being the last one there. So I gave them a bow, a smile, and a wave while they insulted me and then left the call. I believe Jundo is right, to sit with what is. I just turned my volume down so it wouldn't be as loud. They are only after reactions, if you give them one they will keep coming back. With impermanence, all things change, including this situation. They will eventually get bored or find something else to do, it's just new and fun for them now. Whenever that will happen, who knows. Just my thoughts on things. I really do enjoy daily zazen with everyone, it's a shame this is happening.

Gassho,
            sat and lah

Comment

• Bion
              Treeleaf Unsui
              • Aug 2020

Originally posted by MatthewD
              Greetings,

My first post here, but I saw this thread yesterday while I was checking to see if anyone was talking about what's happening. They were back again tonight for Washin's zazen, more rowdy than the previous times. I did some searching, I am not sure how the calls are run but I saw a host can automatically mute anyone's microphone that joins. They can also make it so people can't unmute, so they wouldn't be able to do what they are doing. The host can still unmute people though.

I thought Shonin's ending bell was fake because they were making sounds the entire time during zazen, which led to me being the last one there. So I gave them a bow, a smile, and a wave while they insulted me and then left the call. I believe Jundo is right, to sit with what is. I just turned my volume down so it wouldn't be as loud. They are only after reactions, if you give them one they will keep coming back. With impermanence, all things change, including this situation. They will eventually get bored or find something else to do, it's just new and fun for them now. Whenever that will happen, who knows. Just my thoughts on things. I really do enjoy daily zazen with everyone, it's a shame this is happening.

Gassho,
              sat and lah
              Thanks for letting us know, Matt. Yeah, the solution is pretty simple, and we are working on getting all the hosts informed about what to do. Sorry you had to deal with it too

Gassho
              sat and lah

Comment

Working...