Zazen Sitting with Onsho, Viveka and Jippou (Mo,Tu,We,Th,Su)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sekishi
    Treeleaf Priest
    • Apr 2013

Zazen Sitting with Onsho, Viveka and Jippou (Mo,Tu,We,Th,Su)

Hello all,

This thread is for notes / updates about Zazen sittings in Treeleaf NOW Scheduled Sitting Room at:
    9:30pm Eastern, 8:30pm Central, 7:30pm Mountain, 6:30pm Pacific, 5:30pm Alaska.

These are hosted by myself on Monday, Thursday, and Sunday, and Nengyoku on Tuesday and Wednesday.

For more details (including a timezone-converter / selector) see the calendar on Treeleaf NOW: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Last edited by Sekishi; 01-17-2022, 08:40 PM. Reason: Name updates.
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.
  • Nengyoku
    • Jun 2021

Friends, it has been a pleasure to sit and practice with you, but I no longer feel comfortable doing so. Please continue to sit together, and if someone could do the timekeeping for Tuesdays that would be great.
    I apologize for any inconvenience this causes all of you. It has been my pleasure to know you. Thank you to Seikan for taking over my other time slots.

Sincerest apologies,
    Nengyoku
    Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

Thank you for your service and aid for so long, Nen. If your heart ever settles to it, pick up again.

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Seikan
        • Apr 2020

Thank you Nengyoku for keeping the evening Zazen "fires" burning for so long. I hope to sit with you again when the time is right.

As noted, I'm happy to be of service once again on Wednesday nights and am generally available to host most other nights if needed. However, Tuesdays are currently the one night when I often (but not always) have a conflict. I'll certainly join when I can, but with such a great group of consistent "regulars", I'm sure that we'll have Tuesdays covered.

Deepest bows,
        Seikan

-stlah-
        聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Comment

• Jippou
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Nengyoku
          Friends, it has been a pleasure to sit and practice with you, but I no longer feel comfortable doing so. Please continue to sit together, and if someone could do the timekeeping for Tuesdays that would be great.
          I apologize for any inconvenience this causes all of you. It has been my pleasure to know you. Thank you to Seikan for taking over my other time slots.

Sincerest apologies,
          Nengyoku
          It’s been a pleasure to sit with you. I’m not always the most consistent to making it and often end up meditating later, but your presence has been a great boon to the group and you will be missed.
          Gassho, Jippou
          SAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sekishi
            Treeleaf Priest
            • Apr 2013

Hi all,

A few quick points:

1. This thread was getting pretty long and I want folks to be able to jump quickly to the more recent / what's going on now part so I (soft) deleted a ton of old posts.

2. I left Nengyoku's post in though as an acknowledgment of his hosting of this sit for years now. We will miss you brother and hope to see you around from time to time. Thank you and nine bows.

3. We have a plan for all of the days now except Tuesday. It's a no-go for Seikan, and difficult for me some weeks (but fine others). Do any of the regulars want to volunteer to always host Tuesdays? If not, should we just "play it by ear" (someone is pretty much always there), or take it off the schedule (so we never have an issue with a new person joining and finding an empty room)?

Thoughts?

And thank you again Nengyoku, Seikan, and all who sit.

Deep bows,
            Sekishi
            #sat#lah

P.S. The calendar has been updated to reflect the recent changes too (except Tuesday).

Comment

• Jippou
              • Dec 2017

Zazen Sitting with Sekishi, Seikan, and ??? (Mo,Tu,We,Th,Su)

I can always host Tuesdays, but I need technical help to try to figure out how to make the bell get through. I’ve never quite managed it even on musician sound for some reason.
              Also, did we decide to no longer do the robe verse?
              Gassho, Jason
              SAT
              Edit: also waiting for a new camera. It should be here in a couple of days. I got a new computer and my old camera is no longer supported apparently.

Comment

• Sekishi
                Treeleaf Priest
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Jippou
                I can always host Tuesdays, but I need technical help to try to figure out how to make the bell get through. I’ve never quite managed it even on musician sound for some reason.
                Also, did we decide to no longer do the robe verse?
                Gassho, Jason
                SAT
                Edit: also waiting for a new camera. It should be here in a couple of days. I got a new computer and my old camera is no longer supported apparently.

Thank you!

I’m happy to help / test the bell setup. PM me and we can set up a time.

As far as the camera, take your time BUT BE READY BY TUESDAY!!!!

Kidding. I think I can host next Tuesday if things are still not working in the camera department.

Thank you!!!

Deep bows,
                Sekishi
                #sat#lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Seikan
                  • Apr 2020

Jippou, that's wonderful if you can take Tuesdays! I would, but I typically have a family conflict most weeks. That said, if you're ever in need of a substitute, please don't hesitate to ask as it just may be a week that I'm free.

Gassho,
                  Seikan

-stlah-

Comment

• Jippou
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Seikan
                    Jippou, that's wonderful if you can take Tuesdays! I would, but I typically have a family conflict most weeks. That said, if you're ever in need of a substitute, please don't hesitate to ask as it just may be a week that I'm free.

Gassho,
                    Seikan

-stlah-
                    Thank you Seikan [emoji120]

Gassho, Jason
                    SAT

Comment

• Jippou
                      • Dec 2017

Dear all, I will be unable to lead the sit tonight. With the upcoming holiday on Thursday I am just too busy to fit it in. Sorry for any inconvenience.
                      Gassho, Jason, SAT

Comment

• Sekishi
                        Treeleaf Priest
                        • Apr 2013

Hi all,

Jundo has given the OK to chant the robe verse together prior to sitting again.

We've had a quick "show of hands" a on this question a few nights now and it seems like most folks are in favor of doing this. Unless anyone feels otherwise (and if you do, please do PM me!), I would like to return to our old way of doing this (join without the rakusu / kesa, and then we chant and put it on together) on Sunday.

However, if anyone feels we should not do this (for whatever reason - it excludes folks who have not completed Jukai, some folks chant the verse in the morning, etc.), again, PLEASE do feel free to reach out and let me know!

Gassho,
                        Sekishi

Comment

• Jippou
                          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Sekishi
                          Hi all,

We've had a quick "show of hands" a on this question a few nights now and it seems like most folks are in favor of doing this. Unless anyone feels otherwise (and if you do, please do PM me!), I would like to return to our old way of doing this (join without the rakusu / kesa, and then we chant and put it on together) on Sunday.

However, if anyone feels we should not do this (for whatever reason - it excludes folks who have not completed Jukai, some folks chant the verse in the morning, etc.), again, PLEASE do feel free to reach out and let me know!

Gassho,
                          Sekishi
                          This is exciting! I have missed the chanting. Sadly with my daughter’s schedule I am often having to pick her up from roller derby practice during meditating on Wednesday and Thursday right now.
                          Gassho, Jason
                          SAT

Comment

• Seikan
                            • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Sekishi
                            Hi all,

Gassho,
                            Sekishi

This is great news! As always, I'm happy to follow either approach, but given a choice, I do like to chant with others when possible. I find that it is a great way to come together and "sync up" before we sit.

Gassho,
                            Seikan

-stlah-

Comment

• Seikan
                              • Apr 2020

Hi Everyone,

I'll be traveling for work all this week, so I will not be able to lead Zazen on Wednesday night as usual. I'm hoping someone will be available to step in and handle the bells and the robe verse (if willing).

Gassho,
                              Seikan

-stlah-

Comment

Working...