Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meian
    • Apr 2015

Sunday Sit (Zazen for Peace) - Sunday, July 9th, 2023

Please Join Us as we continue to sit, offering our sincere efforts to peace, children, and the injured in Ukraine and around the world.

We will gather for the Sunday Sit on Sunday, July 9th, 2023, beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, and 4 pm Moscow time.

You can check the Treeleaf Calendar for your local time here: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

We meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room here: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

Livestream and "any-time" recording can be found here: https://youtube.com/live/LtivR7qV7fY?feature=share

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement and the Four Vows

ALL are welcome! Please, join us! No prior experience is required -- just come sit with us.

Washin and "Zazen for Peace" team
    鏡道 |​ Kyodo (Meian) | "Mirror of the Way"
    visiting Unsui
    Nothing I say is a teaching, it's just my own opinion.
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Inside Odessa as the threat of a nuclear power plant attack in Ukraine grows

Fears about the threat of a Russian attack on a nuclear power plant have grown in recent days. Dianita Marunchenko fled the war to Ireland when the Russians first invaded her home country but she has been living in Odessa in recent weeks where she says the fear is growing about an attack on the nearby nuclear power plant in Zaporizhzhia. This is her first hand account of what is happening in Odessa currently:

The situation around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant continues to escalate.

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskiy has again warned about the explosion danger at the plant which would dwarf Chernobyl’s 1986 disaster.

Ukrainian intelligence got information that the Russian troops have placed “objects resembling explosives” on the roofs of the station. Moscow, in turn, accuses Ukraine of preparing an attack using long-range precision weapons and kamikaze drones.

... I personally lived in Odessa, the largest seaport of Ukraine, during a time of growing anxiety about the nuclear station. Odessa and Zaporozhye are separated by only 500 km. Some locals hope that the wind won’t blow towards Odessa and the radiation will bypass the city, while others have decided to leave the city with their families until the situation calms down. ...

https://www.buzz.ie/news/world-news/...ttack-30399029
    Just a note that the above seems to be a free lance journalist or blogger, so the actual situation cannot be confirmed.

This week represents 500 days since the start of the war.

Gassho, Jundo (In Tsukuba, only 150 km from Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant)

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-10-2023, 12:26 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Washin
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Dec 2014

Just a note that the above seems to be a free lance journalist or blogger, so the actual situation cannot be confirmed.
      Thank you for posting this, Jundo. The information provided in the article is generally correct.
      Also, I heard the news today that people report about the long queues at the UA western borders.
      So it seems many people are fleeing the risky areas. However, all in all, the situation in Odessa
      is quiet and looks normal.

Apologies I had to miss the sitting today because of some extra work hours.
      I would like to thank Kotei for the backup and Meian for the techno-job accordingly.

Gassho
      Washin
      stlah
      Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
      Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
      ----
      I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
      and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Comment

Working...