Compassion. Judgement. (No)Self Satisfaction.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakuden
    • Jun 2015

Something about Kobun Chino's words made a tear fall. They point to something very deep and essential about being human. Thank you for the link to more of his teachings.
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Byokan
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Apr 2014

Thank you Jundo, for sharing Kobun's teaching and the link to his other talks.

Gassho
      Byōkan
      sat today
      展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
      Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Comment

• Joyo

Thank you, Jundo and everyone. I too will be reading the Kubon Chino.

Gassho,
        Joyo
        sat today

Comment

• Jundo
          Treeleaf Founder and Priest
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Joyo
          Thank you, Jundo and everyone. I too will be reading the Kubon Chino.

Gassho,
          Joyo
          sat today
          Kobun Chino had a wild way a speaking, widely wandering and then some. However, they are wonderful talks as one goes along for the ride in that book.

A few of his audio talks are here too ...

Bay Area Center on Skyline Blvd. above Saratoga for Buddhism, Retreats, Meditation, Zen, and Rentals

At the last gathering of some of Kobun’s long-term students in Santa Cruz, CA before Kobun’s death, a student asked, “Kobun, why do we sit?” He thoughtfully and slowly replied:

"We sit to make life meaningful. The significance of our life is not experienced in striving to create some perfect thing. We must simply start with accepting ourselves. Sitting brings us back to actually who and where we are. This can be very painful. Self-acceptance is the hardest thing to do. If we can’t accept ourselves, we are living in ignorance, this darkest night. We may still be awake, but we don’t know where we are. We cannot see. The mind has no light. Practice is this candle in our very darkest room.”
          Gassho, J

SatToday
          Last edited by Jundo; 10-06-2016, 01:28 AM.
          ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Joyo

Thank you very much, Jundo.

Gassho,
            Joyo
            sat today

Comment

• Shokai
              Treeleaf Priest
              • Mar 2009

At the last gathering of some of Kobun’s long-term students in Santa Cruz, CA before Kobun’s death, a student asked, “Kobun, why do we sit?” He thoughtfully and slowly replied:

"We sit to make life meaningful. The significance of our life is not experienced in striving to create some perfect thing. We must simply start with accepting ourselves. Sitting brings us back to actually who and where we are. This can be very painful. Self-acceptance is the hardest thing to do. If we can’t accept ourselves, we are living in ignorance, this darkest night. We may still be awake, but we don’t know where we are. We cannot see. The mind has no light. Practice is this candle in our very darkest room.”
              That's beautiful, mind if I use it?

thanks and gassho

"SatToday"
              Last edited by Shokai; 10-07-2016, 01:39 AM.
              合掌,生開
              gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...