Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ongen
    • Jan 2014

Xian'er

Meet Xian'er, the robot monk offering Buddhist wisdom to the digital generation

Gassho
    Ongen

Sat Today
    Ongen (音源) - Sound Source
  • Tai Shi
    • Oct 2014

Interesting Ongen. I so wonder what master Uchiyama might think. In Opening the Hand of Thought, wondering how the hand or thinking, where does one let go. Yet I take it with some real humor for which it is inrended.

Tai Shi
    std
    Gassho
    Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

The video after that one is also pretty cool, although a bit outside our budget.

The cemetery where lights guide visitors to the ashes of their loved ones

I am actually talking to some engineering students at our local Tsukuba University, the "M.I.T." of Japan with an incredible AI department, about programing a robot for us to sit Zazen. Right now, it is just a lark, and also out of our budget. But I am looking at a fellow like this to Gassho, Cross the legs, walk Kinhin with us in the Zendo ... These are some of the robot guys here in Tsukuba ...

But put this down to things "wanted" but certainly not "needed"!

Gassho, J

SatToday
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Kyosei
        • Feb 2012

Hahaha.

What a cool little robot.
        _/|\_

Kyōsei

強 Kyō
        声 Sei

Namu kie Butsu, Namu kie Ho, Namu kie So.

Comment

• TyZa
          • May 2016

Originally posted by Jundo
          The video after that one is also pretty cool, although a bit outside our budget.

The cemetery where lights guide visitors to the ashes of their loved ones

I am actually talking to some engineering students at our local Tsukuba University, the "M.I.T." of Japan with an incredible AI department, about programing a robot for us to sit Zazen. Right now, it is just a lark, and also out of our budget. But I am looking at a fellow like this to Gassho, Cross the legs, walk Kinhin with us in the Zendo ... These are some of the robot guys here in Tsukuba ...

But put this down to things "wanted" but certainly not "needed"!

Gassho, J

SatToday
          I can see the headlines now: "Artificial Sentience Finally Achieved After Robot Stared at a Wall for Nine Years."

Gassho,
          Tyler

SatToday

Comment

Working...