• Kyotai

Sat 1945 -2000

Gassho, Kyotai
    St

Comment

• Shugen
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Nov 2007

Thank you Grace for the wonderful gift you have given the sangha. I am humbled by your good cheer and continuos effort.

Deep Bows,

Shugen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Meido Shugen
      明道 修眼

Comment

• alan.r
        • Jan 2012

Just finished an evening shift. On to Shugen.

Gassho,
        Alan
        sat today
        Shōmon

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Byokan
          Grace, you have ruined everything. No need to punish yourself, I'm sure your karma will punish you for many many lifetimes to come for this horrible, ghastly transgression. -- NOT!

It's ok! We are all together. Nothing can mar this beautiful thing that's happening. We are all so grateful to you for all you are doing! Deep bows to you, and to tiny little mistakes, and to the joy of shared practice.

p.s. sat 15

Gassho
          Byōkan
          sat today
          Oh no! I was hoping it was only one lifetime!
          I am all over it now, thanks to the kindness and good humor of everyone!
          But I am hoping to make it to the end of Day 10 without making another mistake I have to apologize for!
          Gassho, Grace

Sat today
          Sat today and 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
            • Feb 2011

Myozan, thank you for your kindness. And thank you again for celebrating with us! Gassho, Grace

Comment

• Shugen
              Treeleaf Unsui
              • Nov 2007

Sat. (When did 10pm become "late"... I'm getting old [emoji3])

Gassho,

Shugen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Meido Shugen
              明道 修眼

Comment

• lorax
                • Jun 2008

Close call, but got to the zafu on time!

SAT TODAY
                Shozan

Comment

• Jundo
                  Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Graceleejenkins
                  Myozan, thank you for your kindness. And thank you again for celebrating with us! Gassho, Grace
                  Do you know that one aspect of traditional Zen practice I have gathered from many years of watching Japanese priests in monasteries and temples is that training aims for incredible precision ... and is bound to fail in some way each and every time. Few ceremonies (like few theatre performances on a stage) ever go exactly the same, exactly to plan and exactly right.

... and that gap between what we aspire for, seek diligently for, and the final human result is the lesson in acceptance and patience that is also at the heart of Zen. Seek to do you best, fail sometimes, next time seek to do best best again ... repeat ... repeat. At the same time as being careful and diligent, keep a relaxed heart (if getting brain surgery or riding in a jet, do you want a doctor/pilot who is too careless? too nervous? I would best have one who is carefully relaxed. Same in Zen practice).

Intricate Zen Ceremony ... Morning Service at Sojiji ...

Recorded in 1989 at the Daihonzan Sojiji temple, Yokohama ,Japan. 00:00 法要打出し・入堂03:50 荒神諷経(こうじんふぎん)16:41 伝灯諷経(でんとうふぎん)24:36 御両尊諷経(ごりょうそんふぎん)・五院尊諷経(ごいんそんふぎん)3...

No need to be too "Japanese" about little misses though, no need for Hari Kiri (from 2;00 mark) ...

Gassho, J

SatToday
                  Last edited by Jundo; 04-07-2016, 03:01 AM.
                  ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Mp

Just finished my evening zazen with Joyo and Kyotai ... it was the Canadian team this evening. =) enjoy your night everyone.

Gassho
                    Shingen

s@today

Comment

• Jakuden
                      • Jun 2015

I was sitting literally all day other than odd moments here and there boarding and unboarding airplanes, so I'm pretty darn sure that I sat with everyone from mid-day on, including Myozan! It was very exciting to have you here with us today celebrating Myozan, thank you!

Big hugs to Grace, the whole time zone thing seemed like pretty much magical voodoo from the start except somehow you made it understandable enough to keep this whole thing going... perfectly imperfect I'm sure as all of us mere humans tend to be.

Gassho,
                      Jakuden
                      SatToday across half the U.S.

Comment

• Yugen

Zazen 11-1130P Eastern time - sitting alone and with all of you at once.

Deep bows
                        Yugen

sat2day

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                          • Feb 2011

Received from Dosho, with added thanksgiving for all that I have received from him over the years, sat with my steadfast partner, Jim H, and passed with trust to Shoka to end Day 5 and David W and Jika (and Jika's Mom) to begin Day 6. We are almost half-way! Gassho all, Grace.

sat today

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jundo
                            Do you know that one aspect of traditional Zen practice I have gathered from many years of watching Japanese priests in monasteries and temples is that training aims for incredible precision ... and is bound to fail in some way each and every time. Few ceremonies (like few theatre performances on a stage) ever go exactly the same, exactly to plan and exactly right.

... and that gap between what we aspire for, seek diligently for, and the final human result is the lesson in acceptance and patience that is also at the heart of Zen. Seek to do you best, fail sometimes, next time seek to do best best again ... repeat ... repeat. At the same time as being careful and diligent, keep a relaxed heart (if getting brain surgery or riding in a jet, do you want a doctor/pilot who is too careless? too nervous? I would best have one who is carefully relaxed. Same in Zen practice).

Intricate Zen Ceremony ... Morning Service at Sojiji ...

Recorded in 1989 at the Daihonzan Sojiji temple, Yokohama ,Japan. 00:00 法要打出し・入堂03:50 荒神諷経(こうじんふぎん)16:41 伝灯諷経(でんとうふぎん)24:36 御両尊諷経(ごりょうそんふぎん)・五院尊諷経(ごいんそんふぎん)3...

No need to be too "Japanese" about little misses though, no need for Hari Kiri (from 2;00 mark) ...

Gassho, J

SatToday
                            Just too funny at 1:00 AM EST!

Comment

• Shoka
                              • May 2014

Thank you to everyone who has sat so far.

Today a thought kept coming to mind. This event feels like a family reunion. Far and wide everyone comes together.

Gassho,
                              Shoka
                              sattoday

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jinyo
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Shoka
                                Thank you to everyone who has sat so far.

Today a thought kept coming to mind. This event feels like a family reunion. Far and wide everyone comes together.

Gassho,
                                Shoka
                                sattoday

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                                I feel that too Shoka,

Willow/Jinyo

sat today

Comment

Working...