X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Graceleejenkins
    • Feb 2011

Day 4 - Treeleaf 10th Anniversary Zazenathon

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, TREELEAF!

Today, April 3/April 4, starts Day 4 of our Zazenathon continuous sit in celebration!

TODAY'S SITTERS PLEASE POST HERE YOUR SITS, REFLECTIONS, OR JUST HAPPY BIRTHDAY MESSAGES!
    If you use Insight Timer or Google+, please post a message there, too!

Never to late to join in and sign-up spreadsheet link!: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DRg/edit#gid=0

Thank you to our sitters for today:

Anshu
    Ben
    Byokan
    Daiyo (Walter)
    Daijo
    Dainin
    Daizan
    David (davidclp)
    David W
    Deirdre
    Dillon
    Doshin
    Dosho
    Elgwyn
    Entai
    Fugen
    Graceleejenkins
    Jakuden
    Jika
    JimH
    Jishin
    Joshua Lewis
    Kazashimo
    KellyRok
    Kotei
    Kyonin
    Libby
    Lucy
    mark
    MartyRob
    Matt
    Myoku
    Myosha
    Nengyo
    Nindo
    Onkai
    Pinnoybuddhist (Rafael)
    Rich
    Roland
    Sekishi
    Shingen
    Shinzan
    Shoka
    Shokai
    Shugen
    Shujin
    Star
    Taikai
    Theophan
    Washin
    Willow
    Yugen
    Last edited by Graceleejenkins; 04-05-2016, 02:25 PM.
    Sat today and 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!
  • Kotei
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Mar 2015

Thank you all for sitting together in this never-ending row.
    Today, Spring presented me with the first rainy, but mild morning and I was able to sit my portion next to an open door to the garden.
    Rain was raining , birds under the large trees singing, nearby construction site constructing and Zazenathon sitters sitting.
    Gassho,
    Kotei
    義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Comment

• Myoku
      • Jul 2010

Just sat 30 Minutes with all of you,
      Gassho
      Myoku

Comment

• Tai Shi
        • Oct 2014

Hi all--I will be sitting as primary on 4-5-16 at 17:30 to 18:00, and as back-up on 4-7 at 2:45 to 3:00. I have been very sick with incredible pain--levels from 8 to 10, and today I will talk with my doctor. He says we should be making some progress. I have an uncommon genetic disease--Ankylosing Spondylitis, and rather than try to explain I suggest you google it. Mine is in advanced stages largely because for years I received poor care. At first it was because there were no treatments but high doses of Ibuprofen, and I took 2400 mg daily, and even when other treatments were available, I did bot respond to treatments. Only recently has the drug Cimzia been approved for AS, and you may google this too. But the damage has already been done! I gave-up teaching in 1999 because of this disease, and was placed on SSDI of disability, but continued to work odd jobs part-time for another 11 years. Then rge terrible destruction caught up with me at age 60, and I was forced to give up even that. This disease has taken toll on every part of my body. I AM grateful to Treeleaf for accepting me as I am.

Tai Chi
        Calm Poetry
        Elgwyn
        sat today
        Gassho
        Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Jishin
          • Oct 2012

Central 615-700 am

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

Comment

• Jika
            • Jun 2014

yawn, when was it?
            Well, before work and coffee.

Gassho
            Jika
            #sattoday
            治 Ji
            花 Ka

Comment

• Rich
              • Apr 2009

Sat today 6:45-7:15 central

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
              _/_
              Rich
              MUHYO
              無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Comment

• Jinyo
                • Jan 2012

sat today 1.15 - 1.30pm - UK time.

over to Nindo

gassho

Willow/Jinyo

Comment

• Daijo
                  • Feb 2012

Sat today 5:00 - 5:30 EST. I believe that's the time slot I signed up for today. Also, if I'm not visible on Google Hangouts, let me know. I've tried using the APP on my phone and I have no clue whether it actually works or not. I may be logged in under a different email address.

Anyway, Nice to sit with you all.

Gassho,

Daijo

Comment

• Daijo
                    • Feb 2012

I see now. I signed up for that time slot starting tomorrow! Well, I sat anyway. It was good practice, getting up earlier than normal.

Daijo

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Daijo
                      I see now. I signed up for that time slot starting tomorrow! Well, I sat anyway. It was good practice, getting up earlier than normal.

Daijo
                      Daijo, I sat a day early, too! lol Just considering it a warm up lap (see that pun with sit and lap! ). Gassho, Grace.

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Elgwyn
                        Hi all--I will be sitting as primary on 4-5-16 at 17:30 to 18:00, and as back-up on 4-7 at 2:45 to 3:00. I have been very sick with incredible pain--levels from 8 to 10, and today I will talk with my doctor. He says we should be making some progress. I have an uncommon genetic disease--Ankylosing Spondylitis, and rather than try to explain I suggest you google it. Mine is in advanced stages largely because for years I received poor care. At first it was because there were no treatments but high doses of Ibuprofen, and I took 2400 mg daily, and even when other treatments were available, I did bot respond to treatments. Only recently has the drug Cimzia been approved for AS, and you may google this too. But the damage has already been done! I gave-up teaching in 1999 because of this disease, and was placed on SSDI of disability, but continued to work odd jobs part-time for another 11 years. Then rge terrible destruction caught up with me at age 60, and I was forced to give up even that. This disease has taken toll on every part of my body. I AM grateful to Treeleaf for accepting me as I am.

Tai Chi
                        Calm Poetry
                        Elgwyn
                        sat today
                        Gassho
                        Elgwyn, not only do we accept you, but we glad, happy, and honored to accept you as you are! We are incredibly honored that you are part of our Sangha and that we get to sit in celebration with you to honor Treeleaf, you, and your part in its history, present, and future! You are always a part of us all. Thank you for giving me that honor and opportunity to sit with you on Day 5! Gassho, Grace.
                        Last edited by Graceleejenkins; 04-04-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Shoka
                          • May 2014

Sat 545-6 PDT.

Thank you to everyone who is sitting during this celebration!

Gassho,
                          Shoka
                          sattoday

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

• JimH
                            • Aug 2015

I haven't been posting much during this celebration so far (I'm taking a bit of an internet hiatus as kind of a "mini-retreat", but will stay connected to Treeleaf!), but I wanted to let you all know that I enjoy knowing that I am sitting with members of the sangha, and it is really always amazing to see how many people were sitting at the same time I was. (Insight timer can tell you, "You just sat with <x> other people").

Thank you all again!

Gassho--
                            --JimH
                            SatToday!

Comment

• Onkai
                              Treeleaf Unsui
                              • Aug 2015

Elgwyn,

I hope the doctor can relieve you of some pain. Thank you for sitting with us.

Gassho,
                              Onkai
                              SatToday

Originally posted by Elgwyn

Tai Chi
                              Calm Poetry
                              Elgwyn
                              sat today
                              Gassho
                              美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
                              恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Comment

Working...