X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Graceleejenkins
    • Feb 2011

Day 3 - Treeleaf 10th Anniversary Zazenathon

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, TREELEAF!

Today, April 2/ April 3, starts Day 3 of our Zazenathon continuous sit in celebration!

TODAY'S SITTERS PLEASE POST HERE YOUR SITS, REFLECTIONS, OR JUST HAPPY BIRTHDAY MESSAGES!
    If you use Insight Timer or Google+, please post a message there, too!

Never to late to join in and sign-up spreadsheet link!: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DRg/edit#gid=0

Thank you to our sitters for today:

Washin
    Shujin
    Shugen
    Shokai
    Shoka
    Shingen
    Shinzan
    Sekishi
    Roland
    Rich
    Pinoybudhist (Rafael)
    Ongen
    Nindo
    Nenka
    Nengyo
    Myosha
    Myoku
    Matt
    mark
    Lucy
    Libby
    Kyonin
    Kotei
    Kotai
    Kazashimo
    Karen (MacK)
    Joyo
    Joshua Lewis
    JimH
    Jika
    Jakuden
    Ishin
    Graceleejenkins
    Fugen
    Entai
    Dosho
    Doshin
    Dillon
    David W
    David (davidclp)
    Daizan
    Byrne
    Byokan
    Anshu
    Alan
    Allwhowander (Kim)
    adrianbkelly (Ade)

Last edited by Graceleejenkins; 04-04-2016, 05:37 AM. Reason: Add Shingen, whom I left off! Sooo Sorry! Add link. Added Allwhowander
    Sat today and 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!
  • MacK
    • Jan 2016

Sat this morning, 0900:0930

Gassho

Karen

Comment

• Jika
      • Jun 2014

Sat after shower and before coffee.

My mother seems to get used to this, was only mildly perplexed that Treeleaf-schedule is more important than me having breakfast.
      (But she got to have coffee with me, so all well.)

Gassho
      Jika
      #sattoday
      治 Ji
      花 Ka

Comment

• Eishuu

Sat first sit of the day. Happy sitting everyone.

Comment

• Josan
          • Aug 2013

(reposted from the Day 2 thread)

Sat 9-930am GMT.
          I felt like a small link in a very long chain stretching back through time and extending forward forever. Thanks to all of who sat and will sit. Gassho. David

sattoday
          If you miss the moment, you miss your life - John Daido Loori

Comment

• Myosha
            • Mar 2013

Hello,

To practice zazen is the self selfing the self by the self.

Gassho
            Myosha sat today
            "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Comment

• Mp

Hey there Grace,

I see you have missed me on the list from yesterday and today. I am sitting at 6:15-6:45 and 18:30-1900. =)

Gassho
              Shingen

#will be sitting

Comment

• Kyonin
                Treeleaf Priest / Engineer
                • Oct 2010

Hi everyone!

Sat today in silence and before dawn.

Gassho,

Kyonin
                #SatToday
                Hondō Kyōnin
                奔道 協忍

Comment

• Rich
                  • Apr 2009

Sunday 4/3 6:45-7:15 central

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
                  _/_
                  Rich
                  MUHYO
                  無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Comment

• Shujin
                    Treeleaf Unsui
                    • Feb 2010

Sat this morning, 0500-0530 EDT; arrived home late from the rodeo last night, so I went back to sleep afterwards.

Gassho,

Shujin
                    Kyōdō Shujin 教道 守仁

Comment

• kazashimo
                      • Feb 2016

I've yet to sit my part in Zazenathon today and I couldn't join in to do any time slots yesterday, but since this (Zazenathon) started I find myself looking at my phone very often throughout the day (something usually I never do) to see who is sitting via Insight Timer, especially on waking up in the morning.

I try to envisage that person sitting there meditating and I can honestly say I feel a real connection with that sitter at that time, even though I've not actually met anyone personally on here.

Blimey! I was even on the dance floor at a 50's Rock-n-Roll charity dance last night, thinking about people the other side of the world to me, just sitting.

I held back from joining this Zazenathon as I thought I didn't want to be pinned down by having to sit at a certain time, but it's only day three and boy, I would've kicked myself if I'd missed being a part of this special occasion.

There's something about coming together in unison, Buddha was so right (as if I'm an authority on Buddhism)- call it the 'Three Refuges', 'The Three treasures' or the 'Three Jewels' this Sangha of Treeleaf is a very special 'jewel' and one I am so thankful to have come in to contact with and be a part of (if only recently).

Thank you and much, much metta to all......

Comment

• Mp

Hey folks,

Just sat my 6:15-6:45am PST zazen ... enjoy your day! =)

Gassho
                        Shingen

s@today

Comment

• Myoku
                          • Jul 2010

Just sat my 15 minutes, thank yo everyone
                          Gassho
                          Myoku

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kazashimo
                            I've yet to sit my part in Zazenathon today and I couldn't join in to do any time slots yesterday, but since this (Zazenathon) started I find myself looking at my phone very often throughout the day (something usually I never do) to see who is sitting via Insight Timer, especially on waking up in the morning.

I try to envisage that person sitting there meditating and I can honestly say I feel a real connection with that sitter at that time, even though I've not actually met anyone personally on here.

Blimey! I was even on the dance floor at a 50's Rock-n-Roll charity dance last night, thinking about people the other side of the world to me, just sitting.

I held back from joining this Zazenathon as I thought I didn't want to be pinned down by having to sit at a certain time, but it's only day three and boy, I would've kicked myself if I'd missed being a part of this special occasion.

There's something about coming together in unison, Buddha was so right (as if I'm an authority on Buddhism)- call it the 'Three Refuges', 'The Three treasures' or the 'Three Jewels' this Sangha of Treeleaf is a very special 'jewel' and one I am so thankful to have come in to contact with and be a part of (if only recently).

Thank you and much, much metta to all......

I feel the same! And although, I felt connected to the Treeleaf Sangha before, which is why I volunteered to help with the Treeleaf 10th Anniversary celebration, it didn't seem quite as real as it does now! Thanks for sitting with me, Kazashimo! Gassho, Grace.

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shingen
                              Hey there Grace,

I see you have missed me on the list from yesterday and today. I am sitting at 6:15-6:45 and 18:30-1900. =)

Gassho
                              Shingen

#will be sitting
                              I am soooooo sorry, Shingen! NOT EVEN SURE HOW I DID THAT! Thank you for telling me! I will be very careful when sorting and eliminating duplicates with all the names beginning with "Sh"!

I knew you were sitting! Just don't know why I wouldn't have caught that!

You have been a great supporter of the Zazenathon and a big help, and you and the Treeleaf Coffeehouse attendees are sitting today! Please forgive me! I can't believe I overlooked this mistake. Thank you for everything! Gassho, Grace. (My cheeks are red in the emoji from how embarrassed I am!)

Comment

Working...