Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoR
    • Dec 2011

Never Alone

I'm traveling for work this week and usually work travel is difficult for me. As much as I'm a major introvert who values his alone time, I feel lost when I'm alone and away from home and my normal routine. My sitting practice ALWAYS suffers. I end up not sitting at all.

This trip has been different. I put on the Zazenkai with Taigen Dan Leighton video the other day and I realized that, even though it was a recording, that I was not alone. I am never alone. The sangha is always with me. No matter where I go, Treeleaf Zendo goes with me. It feels like a game-changing realization. Instead of feeling anxious and lost while alone in my hotel room this morning, I just did 35 minutes of Shikantaza and felt the whole sangha sitting with me.

Thank you Treeleaf!

• Jakuden
    • Jun 2015

Yay! Yes, this place seems "built" for introverts, providing us with that human connection without sapping our life energy away like a group of live people can, lol. And since all time and place drops away when doing Shikantaza, I don't feel anything diminished when sitting with recordings either. We're all always sitting together, live, one-way, recorded, whatever.

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Comment

• Joyo

Originally posted by Sierra529
      Yay! Yes, this place seems "built" for introverts, providing us with that human connection without sapping our life energy away like a group of live people can, lol. And since all time and place drops away when doing Shikantaza, I don't feel anything diminished when sitting with recordings either. We're all always sitting together, live, one-way, recorded, whatever.

Gassho,
      Sierra
      SatToday
      How true, Sierra.
      And SonofRage (don't know your name) you are never alone, you've always got you. =)

Gassho,
      Joyo
      sat today

Comment

• SoR
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Joyo
        How true, Sierra.
        And SonofRage (don't know your name) you are never alone, you've always got you. =)

Gassho,
        Joyo
        sat today
        My name is Sam. Is my signature broken? I've seen it not show up, but I thought that was for old posts.

Comment

• Jundo
          Treeleaf Founder and Priest
          • Apr 2006

I have also asked Sam to perhaps change his log in name to something less ... well, I keep thinking of Son of Sam!

We skyped this week, and I can assure everyone there is not too much "rage" apparent.

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
          ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Joyo

Originally posted by SonofRage
            My name is Sam. Is my signature broken? I've seen it not show up, but I thought that was for old posts.
            Hi, sorry it did not show up, but nice to have a name---nice to meet you, Sam =)

Gassho,
            Joyo
            sat today

Comment

• SoR
              • Dec 2011

That will teach me to not be lazy and just type it!

-Sam

#SatToday

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jakuden
                • Jun 2015

Haha yes I keep thinking of Son of Sam too, guess that dates us

Gassho,
                Sierra
                SatToday

Comment

• SoR
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Sierra529
                  Haha yes I keep thinking of Son of Sam too, guess that dates us

Gassho,
                  Sierra
                  SatToday
                  When I had dokusan with Jundo, at one point he asked "your dog doesn't tell you what to do, does he?" Perhaps I should get my username changed. I have a Korean dharma name from when I took the precepts years ago, but maybe I'll wait to take jukai here next year for a Japanese name to change it to (unfortunately, it would seem I am too late for jukai this year).

-Sam

#SatToday

Comment

Working...