• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juki
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Jundo
    Sorry Cubs.

But there is always next season.

Ever notice how the old 1908 Cubs logo also looks like an Enso?

That's also the last time they won the World Series. What's the lesson there? I have no idea.

Gassho

Well, as luck would have it, the 1907 Worlds Fair was in Chicago. Perhaps there was a Japanese Exhibition that influenced the design aesthetic of a Cubs employee? Too bad they didn't stick with the design. ��

Gassho,
    Juki

sat today
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Comment

• Risho
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Jundo
      What's the lesson there? I have no idea.
      Ha!

Gassho,

Risho
      -sattoday
      Email: risho.treeleaf@gmail.com

Comment

• RichardH
        • Nov 2011

There is a brother-in-law who is a very passionate Bluejays fan. Every post season win or loss has been hard on him. I think the wins are harder than the losses, because it keeps hope alive and hope is dukkha (IMHO). I even kind of wish they would just lose to end his roller-coaster of emotion (and spare his wife). Maybe getting trounced in a season ending blow-out would be a relief. But, my partner says I miss the point.. the point is the emotional highs and lows, the euphoria and the torment. That is why we like to identify with a team and then live through their ups and downs. So.. in that spirit, congratulation to everyone who doesn't win the World Series as well. The drama is the thing.

Just some thoughts.

Gassho
        Daizan

sat today

Comment

• AlanLa
          • Mar 2008

The Cubs process has paused until spring, a time when hope blooms and Cub fans torture themselves with thoughts of "this will be the year!." In this context, hope surely is dukka, and I can see that storm coming very clearly. Actually, it's already started. I plan on sitting it out and enjoying the process of a new season as best I can. Maybe both the Cubs and I will do the process better and longer next year.

Jundo, surely your true spiritual awakening and enlightenment was leaving Mets foolishness behind
          AL (Jigen) in:
          Faith/Trust
          Courage/Love
          Awareness/Action!

I sat today

Comment

Working...