Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will
    • Jun 2007

Rice Hado Experiment Masaru Emoto

Apparently done several times with the same results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgWrNKKX0Pc&feature=related[/video]] ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaA5YpnxSq8&feature=related[/video]] ... re=related

G,W
    [size=85:z6oilzbt]
    To save all sentient beings, though beings are numberless.
    To penetrate reality, though reality is boundless.
    To transform all delusion, though delusions are immeasurable.
    To attain the enlightened way, a way non-attainable.
    [/size:z6oilzbt]
  • chicanobudista
    • Mar 2008

Re: Rice Hado Experiment Masaru Emoto

Originally posted by will
    Apparently done several times with the same results.
    So Emoto went from water to rice? :?:

When I was wee lad in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico (right along the Texas-Mexico border), we would get a couple of days of cold Winter. It's hard to imagine that, but Nuevo Laredo and Laredo, Texas do get a couple of days of cold, cold winter. Of course, nothing like Michigan or Kansas or Alaska. Of course. But. We do get maybe a week or so of 32°F below. Once in a while we would get a year with snow! Once such year occurred when I was too young to remember. I have this photo of myself and my brother that my Dad took. There we are. Two children fascinated by this natural phenomena. When I moved to the Rio Gande Valley region in Texas, we got two freak snow storms. One was very sloppy. But at a rural community meeting, it stopped us from our discussion on getting paved roads to the community. We stopped. We walked outside. And saw this sludge of icy rain. Recently, it snowed snowed. No icy rain. But real snow. My wife woke up at 2am to walk outside. Still, I remember most the cold days in Laredo when it would dip below freezing and icicles would appear in our roof.
    paz,
    Erik

Flor de Nopal Sangha

Comment

• Skye
      • Feb 2008

Does it still work if you're a skeptic or do you have to "believe"?

I'm sorry, but a few YouTube videos is not proof of anything.

I'm not sure what message you're trying to promote with these links, Will.

Skye
      Even on one blade of grass / the cool breeze / lingers - Issa

Comment

• Rev R
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Skye
        Does it still work if you're a skeptic or do you have to "believe"?
        Since you are a skeptic you should try it for the sake of science.

Just as one has to be careful not to fall into a trap of blind belief, one has to be careful not to fall into a trap of blind skepticism.

Comment

• Skye
          • Feb 2008

It also doesn't mean I have to disprove an infinite number of claims to hold my position. To set up a controlled experiment with a proper control and a statistically significant number of test runs with identically prepared subjects and blinds would be a major undertaking. One I have no interest in doing, because I don't believe "thought waves" make rice go bad, any more than pyramids keep razors sharp, sorry. Nor do I believe that a belief in such is helpful in any way to my practice.

What's wrong with mold anyway?
          Why be mean to something that just does what it does?

Skye
          Even on one blade of grass / the cool breeze / lingers - Issa

Comment

• Charles
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Rev R
            Just as one has to be careful not to fall into a trap of blind belief, one has to be careful not to fall into a trap of blind skepticism.
            Blind skepticism would be continuing to disbelieve in something, in the face of good evidence, because it doesn't fit into one's worldview. For example: If Dr. Emoto had published a paper based on a double-blind study in a peer-reviewed journal; and then another group had repeated the study and confirmed the results; and Skye were still unwilling to consider that there might be some truth to these claims, because he doesn't think that thought waves can make rice go bad, then he would be a blind skeptic. Right now he's just a regular skeptic -- someone who doesn't believe a controversial claim in the absence of any evidence.

Originally posted by Skye
            It also doesn't mean I have to disprove an infinite number of claims to hold my position.
            Spot on. The world is full of snake oil. We don't need to rigorously examine every single instance. There's so much of it out there, we'd have time for nothing else! This reminds me of being told by a missionary that I can't logically disprove the existence of his God, and that this should worry me. My response was that I also can't logically disprove the idea that a polka-dotted talking toad secretly rules the universe based entirely on whim, but I don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about that strange claim either.

--Charles

Comment

• Stephanie

Interesting article by an amazing woman:
              http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/Chapters/Kurtz.htm

Comment

• Chris H
                • Feb 2008

Can we at least agree that talking to your plants helps them to grow better?

Plants respond to sound scientists have discovered, which backs the claims of Prince Charles who admitted he talk to plants to help nuture them

Comment

• Jundo
                  Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                  • Apr 2006

Hey,

I know this cartoon I saw today connects in here somehow ...

http://images.salon.com/comics/boll/200 ... /story.gif
                  ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• will
                    • Jun 2007

I'm not sure what message you're trying to promote with these links, Will.
                    Easy there sky

Just thought it was interesting. If it's not for you, no problem.

Cheers

Gassho Will
                    [size=85:z6oilzbt]
                    To save all sentient beings, though beings are numberless.
                    To penetrate reality, though reality is boundless.
                    To transform all delusion, though delusions are immeasurable.
                    To attain the enlightened way, a way non-attainable.
                    [/size:z6oilzbt]

Comment

Working...