Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryumon
    • Apr 2007

Realization is reality right now

"Thus, realization is reality right now. Even shocks, doubts, fears, and frights are none other than reality right now. However, with buddha knowledge it is different; seeing a speck of dust is different from sitting within a speck of dust. Even when you sit in the world of phenomena, it is not broad. Even when you sit in a speck of dust, it is not narrow. If you are not fully present, you do not fully sit. If you are fully present, you are free of how large or narrow it is where you are. Thus, you have thoroughly experienced the essential unfolding of dharma blossoms."

Dogen, Shobogenzo

Gassho,

Kirk
    ---
    Ryūmon (Kirk)
    流文

SAT/LAH

I know nothing.
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Lovely.

From Hokke Ten Hokke (The Flower of Dharma Turns the Flower of Dharma)

Here is how Chodo Cross and Nishijima Roshi phrased this passage ...

This being so, the present is the “form as it is” of the state of experience,and even “alarm, doubt, and fear” are nothing other than reality as it is. With the Buddha’s wisdom, this [fear] is only the difference between
    looking at atoms and sitting in atoms. When we are seated in the world of Dharma it is not wide, and when we are sitting in atoms, they are not confining; therefore, without maintaining and relying upon [reality as it is], we cannot sit, but when we are maintaining and relying upon [reality as it is], there is no alarm or doubt about width and confinement. This is because we have “perfectly realized” the “body” and the “energy” of the Flower of Dharma.
    Perhaps, as one realizes such beyond the confines of wide and small, reality as it is (not merely reality as we divide it and wish it to be) ... sitting right in the heart of the turning Flower of Dharma, fully present where and as what is ... what alarm, doubt, fear or confinement is possible?

And so, when we yet sometimes experience alarm, doubt, fear and confinement ... well, such is also no other than the Flower of Dharma, reality as it is, even though we may not be so able to clearly see such.

Something like that.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-14-2014, 03:11 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Byokan
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Apr 2014

Hi Kirk,

wow, this is gorgeous, exhilarating. Stopped me in my tracks and took my breath away.
      Fully present... free... thoroughly experiencing essential unfolding...

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Gassho
      Lisa
      展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
      Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Comment

• Mp

As this beauty unfolds ... thank you Kirk.=)

Gassho
        Shingen

Comment

• Joyo

Thank you, Kirk. This has really changed my outlook on life. I read a quote by Pema Chodron that said something like "Feel the feeling but let go of the story/thoughts"

Gassho,
          Joyo

Comment

• pinoybuddhist
            • Jun 2010

Thanks for sharing.
            Gassho,
            Raf

Comment

• AlanLa
              • Mar 2008

"Feel the feeling but let go of the story/thoughts"
              Pema rocks! I struggle with this sometimes. I will just churn the story in my mind endlessly until either it or I wear out over time When I am like this I can do what Pema says here only in zazen, but off the cushion it comes right back Thanks for sharing, very helpful
              AL (Jigen) in:
              Faith/Trust
              Courage/Love
              Awareness/Action!

I sat today

Comment

Working...