Morning Sit

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shugen
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Nov 2007
    • 4535

    Morning Sit

    Hi all,

    I have begun sitting every weekday morning at 6:45AM Eastern United States Time (GMT -5) with Daizan. Very simple; 30 minutes of zazen and a bow at the end, if anyone would like to join in. Just be on G+ at about that time and the sit should show up a little before 6:45. I am doing the inviting through the Treeleaf "Community" so you need to be a member for it to show up in your "stream". If you need instructions on how to join the Treeleaf Community, just let me know.

    All are welcome!

    Gassho,

    Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼
  • Myozan Kodo
    Friend of Treeleaf
    • May 2010
    • 1901

    #2
    Hi Shugen,
    I would love to join you, but am at work then.

    Enjoy your practice.

    Gassho
    Myozan

    Comment

    • alan.r
      Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 546

      #3
      Hey Ron,

      I'll be there Tuesday and Thursdays.

      Gassho
      Shōmon

      Comment

      • RichardH
        Member
        • Nov 2011
        • 2800

        #4
        I'll be sitting most mornings, weekends as well, except when working an overnight.

        Gassho Daizan

        Comment

        • Shujin
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Feb 2010
          • 941

          #5
          Thanks for hosting this sitting, Shugen. Only a couple more weeks of school left for my boys, so I will join y'all on my weekdays off once we close this chapter of The Big Yellow Bus.

          Gassho,
          Shujin
          Kyōdō Shujin 教道 守仁

          Comment

          • Shugen
            Treeleaf Unsui
            • Nov 2007
            • 4535

            #6
            Hello all,

            I thought I'd bring this back up. Daizan and I are still sitting pretty consistently weekday mornings if anyone is interested. Same time, same format. It's a great way to start the day!

            Gassho,
            Meido Shugen
            明道 修眼

            Comment

            • Kyotai

              #7
              Wonderful

              Gassho, Shawn

              Comment

              • Mp

                #8
                Wonderful Shugen. =)

                Gassho
                Shingen

                Comment

                • Dosho
                  Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • 5784

                  #9
                  That's awesome!

                  What time do you guys sit? I could go check of course, but was curious to know for people new to G+.

                  Gassho,
                  Dosho

                  Originally posted by rculver
                  Hello all,

                  I thought I'd bring this back up. Daizan and I are still sitting pretty consistently weekday mornings if anyone is interested. Same time, same format. It's a great way to start the day!

                  Gassho,

                  Comment

                  • Shugen
                    Treeleaf Unsui
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4535

                    #10
                    Morning Sit

                    Originally posted by rculver
                    Hi all,

                    I have begun sitting every weekday morning at 6:45AM Eastern United States Time (GMT -5) with Daizan. Very simple; 30 minutes of zazen and a bow at the end, if anyone would like to join in. Just be on G+ at about that time and the sit should show up a little before 6:45. I am doing the inviting through the Treeleaf "Community" so you need to be a member for it to show up in your "stream". If you need instructions on how to join the Treeleaf Community, just let me know.

                    All are welcome!

                    Gassho,

                    Shugen
                    :-) I'm not sure if it's still GMT -5 but it still starts at 6:45AM.

                    Gassho,


                    Shugen
                    明道 修眼
                    Meido Shugen
                    明道 修眼

                    Comment

                    • RichardH
                      Member
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 2800

                      #11
                      It really is a great way to start the day.


                      Gassho
                      Daizan

                      Comment

                      • Dosho
                        Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 5784

                        #12
                        Shugen,

                        Thanks for quoting the original post! Apparently that was just too difficult for me.

                        Sorry to make you repeat yourself; it's been a long week.

                        Gassho,
                        Dosho

                        Originally posted by rculver
                        :-) I'm not sure if it's still GMT -5 but it still starts at 6:45AM.

                        Gassho,
                        Shugen
                        明道 修眼

                        Comment

                        • Kyonin
                          Treeleaf Priest / Engineer
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 6739

                          #13
                          Hi Shugen!

                          This is great! I hope I can join from time to time. By that time I am starting to work. That's almost 9 AM my time.

                          I usually sit at 5:30 AM Central. That's too early for most regular humans, I suppose

                          Gassho,

                          Kyonin
                          Hondō Kyōnin
                          奔道 協忍

                          Comment

                          • Jika
                            Member
                            • Jun 2014
                            • 1337

                            #14
                            These discussions always remind me that I'm not an international traveller...

                            I think I know that CEST is GMT+2.
                            I've also installed some extra places in my worldclock, so one glance shows New York, Tokio.

                            But what the heck is AM Central??

                            Adding Mexico City.
                            Lunch!

                            Gassho,
                            Danny
                            治 Ji
                            花 Ka

                            Comment

                            • Kyonin
                              Treeleaf Priest / Engineer
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 6739

                              #15
                              Hi Danny!

                              Central time is the same as Chicago, Dallas, Mexico City, Guadalajara (where I live), Guatemala and Salvador. That's GMT -6.

                              Gassho,

                              Kyonin
                              Hondō Kyōnin
                              奔道 協忍

                              Comment

                              Working...