• Jishin
    replied
    :-)

Leave a comment:

• Myosha
    replied
    Hi Jeshin,

Quick Doberman story -

Working the outdoor stage in a theme park, Lake George, New York. My girlfriend is the assistant to a lion tamer with a unique problem. Park patrons were walking behind barriers to get backstage to see resting (between shows) lions in their cages. If you've been up close to an adult lion you'll recall the eyeball staring at you is the size of a grapefruit with paws ready to reach out and "touch someone". Nothing dissuaded these customers from trying to get close-up to these meat eaters UNTIL Jim and Kay Rosaire, the tamers, brought in two of the sweetest, goofiest-natured Dobies whose simple presence scared strangers away from being mauled by lions or licked to death by Doberman.

Gassho,
    Myosha

Leave a comment:

• Mp
    Guest replied
    Jishin - looks like Mr Me and Mini Me! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Leave a comment:

• Jishin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jishin
    replied
    IMG_0036.jpgIMG_0178.jpg
    Last edited by Jishin; 04-05-2014, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jishin
    replied
    My dogs have eaten my zabuton and claim ownership of a zabuton or a zafu with urine from time to time. I wish it was only cat hair I had to deal with. My cat behaves much better than my seven dogs. :-)

Gassho, Jishin
    Last edited by Jishin; 04-05-2014, 04:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sydney
    replied
    I felt so guilty...

Leave a comment:

• Mp
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Sydney
    By contrast, not long back I had mine chopped off and donated it to one of the organizations that uses it in wigs for kids with cancer.

My cats still weren't impressed.
    That is a wonderful gift Sydney. When my mom went through cancer treatment in the 90's and she lost her hair, it was donations like that which helped her feel new again. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Leave a comment:

• Sydney
    replied
    Originally posted by Shingen
    I have to admit ... the less hair I have the more tolerant I am when my dog shares it with me. =)

Gassho
    Shingen
    By contrast, not long back I had mine chopped off and donated it to one of the organizations that uses it in wigs for kids with cancer.

My cats still weren't impressed.

Leave a comment:

• Mp
    Guest replied
    I have to admit ... the less hair I have the more tolerant I am when my dog shares it with me. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Leave a comment:

• Sydney
    replied
    I have a Siamese and a Tuxedo, so I'm basically screwed.

If you saw my pre-zazen routine you'd suspect me of being a little OCD. Over time I've worked out a little routine that has helped me not to strangle the little... miracles I live with.

Leave a comment:

• Dosho
    replied
    You clean off the hair twice a day? That's very diligent!

I must admit that mine has cat hair on it, but I did have the forethought to order a tan colored zabuton and zafu to match our cat's fur color.

As my wife would say, while pointing at her head, "Not just a hat rack my friend."

Gassho,
    Dosho

Leave a comment:

• Geika
    replied
    Never every speck

Leave a comment:

• Kyonin
    replied
    Clean and clean again.

Cats keep on coming.

Like our breath.

I'm thankful for that.

Gassho to all little Neko-chan Zen Masters,

Kyonin

Leave a comment:

• Shokai
    replied
    But, you never ever really get rid of it
    gassho

gassho, Jindo Shokai, an itinerant monk emeritus still learning the way and knowing nothing.

Leave a comment:

Working...