Strangest G+ "hangout"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MyoHo
    • Feb 2013

Well, I think I'll leave the public option the way it is. Who knows who will show up. "Uhhhhh, Oh hi, my name is Barrack ? Couldn't sleep. Whatchadoing?"
    Mu

Comment

• Shokai
      Treeleaf Priest
      • Mar 2009

Sitting

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk4
      合掌,生開
      gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Dokan
        Friend of Treeleaf
        • Dec 2010

I've had similar experiences. For several months I would make all my G+ sittings public and had a whole slew of voyeurs join. One Indian fellow would actually join almost every day. He'd never sit zazen but would just watch for about 15 minutes and then log off...then would come back the next morning. Never said anything, never replied to my "Gassho" comment. Interesting world we live in.

Thanks for sharing!

Gassho,

Dokan
        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
        ~Anaïs Nin

Comment

• Rich
          • Apr 2009

If I start a hangout in the Treeleaf Community and invite Treeleaf Zendo a message appears saying you have just made this hangout public. For a member of the community there does not seem to be a way to control this. Maybe someone with Admin privileges can or change this default behavior for everyone.

If I just invite my Treeleaf Circle, the hangout remains private.
          _/_
          Rich
          MUHYO
          無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Comment

• Dosho
            • Jun 2008

Rich,

Very interesting. If I may ask, how do you get to the place where you see the message about the hangout being public? When I try to start a hangout from the Community page it doesn't let me select circles (even though it says I can). I only see checkboxes where I can add individuals.

As for any admin privileges that could change settings, I don't see any pertaining to hangours. One thing I did notice is that we are a "public" group which I previously thought simply meant that people could find the community. Regardless, according to the help page I found, no one outside a community should be able to see anything going on inside the community unless they are a member.

Shugen: Could you tell me how you start a hangout as well?

Gassho,
            Dosho

Originally posted by Rich
            If I start a hangout in the Treeleaf Community and invite Treeleaf Zendo a message appears saying you have just made this hangout public. For a member of the community there does not seem to be a way to control this. Maybe someone with Admin privileges can or change this default behavior for everyone.

If I just invite my Treeleaf Circle, the hangout remains private.

Comment

• Shugen
              Treeleaf Unsui
              • Nov 2007

Hi Dosho,

I go to my "stream" and start a hangout from there. I invite the "Treeleaf community" once the window for the hangout shows up. I don't start it from the "community" page.

Gassho

Shugen
              Meido Shugen
              明道 修眼

Comment

• Rich
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Dosho
                Rich,

Very interesting. If I may ask, how do you get to the place where you see the message about the hangout being public? When I try to start a hangout from the Community page it doesn't let me select circles (even though it says I can). I only see checkboxes where I can add individuals.

As for any admin privileges that could change settings, I don't see any pertaining to hangours. One thing I did notice is that we are a "public" group which I previously thought simply meant that people could find the community. Regardless, according to the help page I found, no one outside a community should be able to see anything going on inside the community unless they are a member.

Shugen: Could you tell me how you start a hangout as well?

Gassho,
                Dosho

I start hangout from the TreeLeaf Community Page. Here's the sequence of screen shots.
                WP_20131218_003.jpgWP_20131218_006.jpgWP_20131218_005.jpgWP_20131218_004.jpg

They are out of order. correct order is 4, 1, 3, 2
                _/_
                Rich
                MUHYO
                無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Comment

• Nameless
                  • Apr 2013

Haha! Hilarious. Thanks for sharing Shugen!

Gassho, John

Comment

• Hans
                    • Mar 2007

Dear Shugen,

I've been doing this for a while, and the SAME THING just happened to me....including an interesting conversation with someone from Virginia.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Comment

• Shugen
                      Treeleaf Unsui
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Hans
                      Dear Shugen,

I've been doing this for a while, and the SAME THING just happened to me....including an interesting conversation with someone from Virginia.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen
                      :-)

Shugen
                      Meido Shugen
                      明道 修眼

Comment

Working...