Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hans
    • Mar 2007

Hello,

Thank you for all your feedback. I am currently working at a trade fair and will sadly not be able to reply properly before Sunday. But rest assured, I will answer your questions

Gassho

hans

Comment

• Myozan Kodo
      Friend of Treeleaf
      • May 2010

Good work bro.
      Gassho
      Myozan

Comment

• Mp

Originally posted by Hans
        Hello,

Thank you for all your feedback. I am currently working at a trade fair and will sadly not be able to reply properly before Sunday. But rest assured, I will answer your questions

Gassho

hans
        No worries Hans ... have fun at the trade show and look forward to more of your teachings.

Gassho
        Shingen

Comment

• Hans
          • Mar 2007

Dear Myoku,

I also happen to own the von Borsig translation, and I know some people have criticised it in the past...but actually I find it very readable and I haven't detected any hidden agendas in the translation that might sneak into my pure Buddhist practise

Dear Kaishin, among the Nichiren school, the Lotus school and the lay Soka Gakkai movement in particular one is bound to find a few individuals who interpret the stories in a literal way. In the same way that there are Christians who have different approaches to their scripture, there are many different shades of Buddhist practitioners and their very unique approaches to their sacred texts. We are lucky that we have a bit more leeway than mainstream muslims when it comes to dealing or not dealing with out precious texts.

Gassho to all of you,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Comment

• Myoku
            • Jul 2010

Thank you Hans,
            Gassho
            Myoku

Comment

• Jinyo
              • Jan 2012

I have to admit that having got to chapter 27 I feel like I've been back in bible school. I'm interested to see how Thich Nhat Hahn deals with the apocalyptic tone (in places) and how we draw genuine compassion from the fear of all manner of plague and pestilence expressed in some parts

(Have now gone back to the beginning and working thru with Thich Nhat Hahn's commentary - which helps a lot. Also - reading a bit about Nichiren - all interesting).

Gassho

Willow
              Last edited by Jinyo; 04-25-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Kaishin
                • Dec 2010

Don't leave us hangin', bro!!!!
                Thanks,
                Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
                Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Daisho
                  • May 2012

Hello, Hans. I had read the portion of the sutra you discussed on video and it's helped tremendously in my understanding of it. I agree with you that the vastness of of the worlds and universes depicted in the 2,000-year-old sutra certainly fits with what we're discovering about the cosmos today. That's one of the reasons Zen resonates with me. Thank you for your help and teaching and I'm very much looking forward to your next discussion.
                  Gassho,

Daisho

(Jack K.)

Comment

• Hans
                    • Mar 2007

Dear Daisho,

thank you for your very generous feedback. I'll upload the next chapter commentary in a few days...it's great that the Sangha members and especially our teachers are giving us Unsui such a great place where we can "fail" without fear

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Comment

• Hans
                      • Mar 2007

Hello,

since I don't want to open a new thread every time I cover a new chapter (in order to avoid spamming the Unsui corner), all new chapter commentaries will appear in the newly opened thread called "New Lotus Sutra Chapter Commentaries from now on.

All the best and Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen
                      Last edited by Hans; 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Shokai
                        Treeleaf Priest
                        • Mar 2009

Hans;

Thank you for unraveling the intricacies of the Lotus for us. My wish is that you never lose that passion and animation. You are trully appreciated.

gassho

p.s. Where did the video go?
                        合掌,生開
                        gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Hans
                          • Mar 2007

Hi Shokai,

thank you for your uplifting feedback. The Video formed a new thread in this Unsui Corner forum, which I will use from now for all following installments of my chaotic commentary as well.

Hello, so here are some more of my ramblings. Since I don't want to open a new thread every time I cover a new chapter (in order to avoid spamming the Unsui corner), all new chapter commentaries will appear in this thread from now on. As you can see I was a bit tired when I recorded this after a long day, but hopefully

All the best and Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Comment

Working...