Hi Tracy,

Welcome!

Gassho,
    Tony

Comment

• Bansho
      • Apr 2007

Hi Tracy,

Welcome, and thanks for sharing so much with us already. Nice to have you here.

Gassho
      Ken
      ??

Comment

• Dainin
        • Sep 2007

Hi, again, Tracy,

I've sat with two local groups. When I lived in Plantation, I sat a number of times with a group in Boca Raton. It's called the Southern Palm Zen Group; they are a part of the White Plum lineage. That's where I met Jundo. He has served as a teacher there with Mitch Doshin Cantor. I know it's kind of far for you, but it's a great group. Here's their website:

http://www.floridazen.com/

Also, another great group is part of the Kwan Um School of Zen (founded by Korean Zen Master Seung Sahn), the South Florida Zen Group. It's in Southwest Ranches and led by dharma teacher Carlos Montero. Their style is a bit different than the Soto approach, but they are more informal than Southern Palm, and very welcoming. Their site is:

http://www.southfloridazen.org/

Hope that helps.

Gassho,
        Keith

Comment

• louis
          • Aug 2007

Hola Tracy. Bienvenida.

That protein folding stuff looks cool. Is that a Lord of the Rings shirt? My Emma will be 2 on the 10th this month and in full blown terrible twos. I look forward to seeing you around the TL.

Best Regards,
          Louis

Comment

• TracyF
            • Nov 2007

Thanks for the info, Keith. I'll probably check out the South Florida Zen group. It's closer and if you say it's more informal, I think I'll feel a little more comfortable.

Ha, Louis! I was waiting for someone to notice that Lord of the Rings shirt. I received that from my coworkers as a going away present five years ago. Is that geeky or what? :lol:

Comment

• Jarkko
              • Oct 2007

Hola, buenos dias!
              welcome to the treeleaf

Gassho
              Jarkko

Comment

Working...