Reminder: Wheel Turning and Wheel Spinning ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by disastermouse
    This reminds me of the Buddhist teacher who repeatedly insists that written words can't capture the dharma.

(Who nonetheless writes books.)
    As Taigu said ... it is not a matter that words always get in the way, though they often do ... nor that silence is always the appropriate thing to say, though sometimes so ... but rather:

the job of teachers here is to help you to express living words from stilness and utter living words that return to stillness.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-16-2012, 07:06 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• disastermouse

Originally posted by Jundo
      As Taigu said ... it is not a matter that words always get in the way, though they often do ... nor that silence is always the appropriate thing to say, though sometimes so ... but rather:

the job of teachers here is to help you to express living words from stilness and utter living words that return to stillness.

Gassho, J
      My criticism wasn't serious...

I've been taking adaptogens and feel so cheerful that my mood is a bit....goofy. I kind of got on the wrong foot with Alan the same way earlier in the thread and although I know there's always a risk of misunderstanding, this goodwill feeling is so unusual that I'm having a hard time not expressing it - even in the treacherous waters of the written word and internet forum posts.

I don't mean for it to be intrusive and I fully understand the wisdom of Taigu's admonition.

And with that, I'll shut up for a while.

Gassho,

Chet

Comment

Working...