Clear All
  • Geika
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Jan 2010

This morning I sat
    With sounds of friends making love
    Dog on the mattress
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Comment

• Mp

Originally posted by Amelia
      This morning I sat
      With sounds of friends making love
      Dog on the mattress
      My oh my ...

My dog decided to check my focus by coming over and licking my nose. Funny guy!

Gassho
      Michael

Comment

• Daisho
        • May 2012

Yesterday evening, my big orange tabby Watson was reclining on the pad where my cushion sets. I tried to coax him off. He just looked at like "I'm not moving anywhere!" I picked up the pad with Wats still on it, set it where I was going to meditate and he still refused to move. Finally, I tipped it so he just slid off. He meowed such a pitiful sound at the injustice of it all. I felt guilty. LOL
        Gassho,

Daisho

(Jack K.)

Comment

• murasaki
          • Mar 2009

"YAMAMOTO ROSHI, YOU HAVE A CALL ON LINE 2"
          I love that

When the oppressive heat and the scorpions go away I will do more sitting outside, but it's still not a doable thing in this weather. (Don't get me started again on the scorpions.)

I am ok with sitting with almost any kind of noise, but I posted somewhere before that the sounds of talking on TV is just far too challenging for me. So I avoid it because it provokes too much struggle I can't drop yet. Maybe someday.

I sat a few times at my university campus, in a pleasant little spot next to some shrubbery but still beside a lot of loud student traffic. It was fine. I'm surprised I didn't feel as self-conscious as I thought I would be. Maybe a few people stared at me but there are people doing weirder things, I'm not the worst of them.

Gassho
          Julia
          "The Girl Dragon Demon", the random Buddhist name generator calls me....you have been warned.

Feed your good wolf.

Comment

• threethirty
            • Dec 2011

I love sitting in the hustle and bustle of "Urban Life" (as much urban as you can find in Indiana). I often sit outside outside of the Kung-Fu school and wait for the teachers to open up the school. It sits on the main drag and is placed lovingly near a bunch of rough bars. I also love sitting in the park next to the stream, in my house, with the same love.

as Jundo said "Flowers and smelly garbage cans, birds tweeting and blasting motorcycles racing by, the breeze blowing and noisy tv's down the hall, green grassy fields and smoking battle fields are all the same when the mind leaves away preferences, resistance, separation ..." but I think maybe is Loo is where I should draw the line

--Washu
            和 Harmony
            秀 Excellence

"Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body" George Carlin Roshi

Comment

Working...