Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eika
    • Sep 2007

Thanks for your practice, Al!!

It is so easy for me to feel overcommitted, overwhelmed, etc, so I'm totally sympathetic with having to sometimes pull back from things just to remain sane. Superman and Superwoman are fictional characters, after all. I've had the wish to take that step myself, but in the light of day, with my work to-do list and my kids staring at me wanting more time, I know that it is not in the cards for me right now. It makes me all the more grateful to the Leafers who have made that commitment and all the sacrifice it entails for the benefit of us all.

_/\_

Eika

Sent from tapatalk
    [size=150:m8cet5u6]??[/size:m8cet5u6] We are involved in a life that passes understanding and our highest business is our daily life---John Cage

Comment

• Risho
      • May 2010

Gassho Al!
      Email: risho.treeleaf@gmail.com

Comment

• murasaki
        • Mar 2009

Al,

Good for you for trying, and good for you for making a decision that you need to make for yourself, now and anytime.

You are still our teacher.

I didn't even make it through Jukai last year! I became overwhelmed even by that, because of what was going on with me. Here's hoping I make it this coming year, and that you get back to the training if and when you think that's the right thing for you, and if it isn't, may the path you do take be fulfilling for you.

Gassho
        Julia
        "The Girl Dragon Demon", the random Buddhist name generator calls me....you have been warned.

Feed your good wolf.

Comment

• Heisoku
          • Jun 2010

I hope you will still write inspiring Gathas Al.
          Heisoku 平 息
          Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Comment

• Dojin
            • May 2008

Al i think that your decision shows just how committed you are to the path of Buddhism.
            to be able to truly see what you are capable of and what you can not do is to really know yourself.
            for that i congratulate you.

Gassho, Dojin.
            Last edited by Jundo; 08-05-2012, 03:29 AM.
            I gained nothing at all from supreme enlightenment, and for that very reason it is called supreme enlightenment
            - the Buddha

Comment

Working...