X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heisoku
    • Jun 2010

Tornado in Tsukuba

Hi Jundo
    Heard the breaking new of a devastating tornado in your vicinity. Please let us know how things are. Much metta to you, your family and all those who have suffered as a result.

The article that you tried to access, which was part of a feed supplied by a news agency, is no longer on available on the Guardian site
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)
  • Taigu
    Blue Mountain White Clouds Hermitage Priest
    • Aug 2008

Re: Tornado in Tsukuba

Bro, are you ok?!!!

T.

Comment

• Myozan Kodo
      Friend of Treeleaf
      • May 2010

Hope all is well with you Jundo and family.
      Gassho
      MYozan

Comment

• Dokan
        Friend of Treeleaf
        • Dec 2010

I understand Jundo is outside of the city and judging by the video here it seems it was in town:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17974487

http://newsblogged.com/video-tornado-ts ... ge-youtube

Still won't feel better until we hear from him. Last post from him was about 3 hours before the tornado hit but they are probably experiencing power outages now it seems.

Anyone have a mobile number for him?

With Metta,

Dokan
        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
        ~Anaïs Nin

Comment

• Kyonin
          Treeleaf Priest / Engineer
          • Oct 2010

Sending much metta and hoping everything is okay.

Please Jundo, let us know everything is okay with you and your family.
          Hondō Kyōnin
          奔道 協忍

Comment

• Jiken
            • Jan 2011

Metta to him and all in town. Someone please post when his condition is known

Daido

Comment

• andyZ
              • Aug 2011

Much metta to everyone who is directly or indirectly affected by the tornado.
              Gassho,
              Andy

Comment

• Hoyu
                • Nov 2010

Just awoke to hear the news directly from my mother-in-law in Japan
                Hope that the Kohen family is safe from harm!
                Much Metta to all those who have been affected by this tragedy _/_
                Ho (Dharma)
                Yu (Hot Water)

Comment

• Dokan
                  Friend of Treeleaf
                  • Dec 2010

Small update. Being in Texas we see a lot of tornadoes. While their devastation is massive, it is also very localized. I've been scouring the internet on this topic all morning and I've discovered a few facts:

1. It seems to be in the northern part of Tsukuba (Near Hojo)
                  2. I believe Jundo must be somehow near the University as many of the students frequent his zazen groups.
                  3. The University is in Tsukuba City and so a decent distance away from Hojo.
                  4. There is no power even near the University (Read a blog by a student there). So maybe Jundo can't communicate at the moment.
                  5. Knowing Jundo, with the big heart he has, I'm sure he's doing what he can to help those affected.

Much metta to those involved,

Dokan
                  We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
                  ~Anaïs Nin

Comment

• Yugen

I pray that Jundo and his family are well - perhaps experiencing a utility outage. Dokan, thanks for doing some research on the tornado zone and Jundo's location. This is an important occasion to say metta for those affected by this tornado, and all those whose lives are affected by natural disasters. I hope Jundo, his family, and the residents of Tsukuba are safe at this moment. He will communicate as soon as he is able....

Gassho,
                    Yugen

Comment

• Hans
                      • Mar 2007

Hello,

just a quick update: Jundo and his family are fine. To quote the man himself: "A tornado hit in our neighborhood, about 5 minutes by car from here. Much damage there, but all is fine here. Such is life, fate, Karma."

Once he's finished with his dokusan schedule, I am sure he'll write a quick update himself.

All the best and gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Comment

• Hoyu
                        • Nov 2010

Thank you Dokan for all the research you shared with us! Also, thank you Mongen for the update from Rev. Jundo!
                        These both bring a little peace of mind during such a scary time _/_
                        Ho (Dharma)
                        Yu (Hot Water)

Comment

• Jundo
                          Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                          • Apr 2006

Dear All,

We are fine, thank you for your concern. The power came back on about an hour ago. We saw the Tornado funnel cloud pass almost right over our heads, and it did touch down in our neighborhood, about 5 minutes by car from here. A lovely old part of town with ancient houses was destroyed, a boy killed. We sit for them. Many of those people had just recovered from the earthquake last year.

I am from Florida, so rather used to such news. I do chalk it up to life, fate, Karma. However, if I ever do have a chance to meet God face-to-face, I will be sure to tell him that I think he did a wonderful job in engineering this planet ,,, but it would have been oh so nicer without tornadoes, earthquakes and a few other things.

Gassho, J
                          ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Graceleejenkins
                            • Feb 2011

To experience such traumatic events one after another must be very, very hard. I hope there is counseling for post traumatic stress. And even though it thankfully passed over you, it must still be very hard for you and your family to assimilate everything affecting your home area. Much metta. Gassho, Grace.
                            Sat today and 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

Comment

• Jundo
                              Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Graceleejenkins
                              To experience such traumatic events one after another must be very, very hard. I hope there is counseling for post traumatic stress. And even though it thankfully passed over you, it must still be very hard for you and your family to assimilate everything affecting your home area. Much metta. Gassho, Grace.
                              The stuff of life.

In Florida, I sat Zazen all night in a closet as a hurricane smashed the windows in our house and lifted part of the roof off. Last year, the many earthquakes and nuclear disaster. Our daughter got sick. In between ... sunny and rainy days.

Some days sunny, some days rain ... some days, unfortunately, tornadoes. All just the passing weather.

Reminds me of a friend of one of our members who is a former park ranger in Hawaii, one of the few (2 or 3?) living humans beings to survive falling into a pool of active volcano lava up to his thighs. It was so hot, it was not a normal burn and he made an amazing recovery ... after walking several miles on burned legs to get to a hospital, then a long hospitalization.

Despite that, he still loves the volcanoes, lives right next to the lava flows and kept working.

So, I asked the guy what he had learned from the experience.

He said something like, "Well, try to watch where you are walking." 8)

Hope you are feeling a bit better too, Grace.

Gassho, J
                              ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

Working...