Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eika
    • Sep 2007

Greetings from the South!
    This is my first post, so bear with me if I screw something up.
    I found this thread particularly pertinent to my situation. I live about 2.5 hours from the closest Zen center. There are some sitting groups in the area, but none have a regular teacher. So, I've participated in some of them and found it useful to be with others who are practicing, but there is always something missing when it comes to teachings. This is why I am so intrigued by Jundo's efforts here. I think it really is new territory (not that newness is particularly important). I have already checked out some of the teachings and feel that I may have found a virtual zendo to come to daily.
    I have been practicing sitting for 12 years without a teacher. I hope that at the very least I may have found an online Sangha to belong to. I have been impressed by the quality of the postings, in terms of both civility and helpfulness.
    Respect to all of you . . .
    Bill
    [size=150:m8cet5u6]??[/size:m8cet5u6] We are involved in a life that passes understanding and our highest business is our daily life---John Cage

Comment

• will
      • Jun 2007

Paige
      I think that we're very lucky here at Treeleaf because of the trustworthy advice from Jundo. Practising alone (or from books) can be kind of dangerous - I've met people who've mis-understood meditation experiences as enlightenment, demonic possession, and everything in between. And a lot of other Buddhist bulletin boards have self-styled experts who may encourage these delusions.
      Absolutely. Man I misunderstood a lot from reading and not practicing with a teacher.

Paige
      You're from Ottawa too? Cool. WWZC are good people... though I've heard that recently they've started using some elements of Dzogchen I've been away from Ottawa for quite a while.
      Their website doesn't seemed to have changed. Still the same.

http://www.wwzc.org
      [size=85:z6oilzbt]
      To save all sentient beings, though beings are numberless.
      To penetrate reality, though reality is boundless.
      To transform all delusion, though delusions are immeasurable.
      To attain the enlightened way, a way non-attainable.
      [/size:z6oilzbt]

Comment

Working...