Use of Ojuzu?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Justin
    • Jul 2007

Today I was using my wrist mala to keep me close to the breath while I walked from one place to another. In-out, pass a bead. Every time I reached the meru bead I would recite a little mindfulness gatha. Though I want to guard against using the beads as a crutch, this is a fresh little practice that works for me in terms of daily mindfulness. I might continue it, unless anyone thinks its an awful idea for some reason.

Just thought I'd share!

Gassho.

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

Hi Justin,

Well, while walking, I would just be walking. Don't trip over anything while being mindful! ;-)

On the other hand, not much different from walking and listening to an iPod I guess.

Gassho, Jundo
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Keishin
        • Jun 2007

use of ojuzu

When it comes right down to it--what isn't there to be mindful of?
        Putting coins in the parking meter, in the laundromat's dryer, in the vending machine, in the beggar's cup.
        Picking up my dirty socks, picking up my newspaper, picking up my coffee cup (the one I've been twirling about 108 times while saying Scooby dooby doo), picking up the mess in the public restroom. Pulling the light string for the light in my closet, pulling up the weeds in the garden, pulling the junk out of the stuck disposal.

Malas are ok, no mala is ok too.

When it comes right down to it--what isn't there to be mindful of?

gassho, Keishin

Comment

Working...