Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rimon
    • May 2010

Act like you were teaching tip

I'm reading and enjoying How to Cook your life, and trying to put into practice all the recommendations, ideas and wisdom in there.
    And this morning I found this webpage with a simple a powerful idea: When you are doing some work or task too fast and sloppy, it is a good idea to imagine you are teaching how to do that task to someone else. That way you are going to slow down and be more mindful of what you are doing. I've just tried this afternoon in the kitchen while cooking, washing dishes and so on and it certainly helped.

Here's the link of the webpage http://lifehacker.com/5628699/act-li...id-sloppy-work

Gassho
    Rimon Barcelona, Spain
    "Practice and the goal of practice are identical." [i:auj57aui]John Daido Loori[/i:auj57aui]
  • Nenka
    • Aug 2010

Re: Act like you were teaching tip

That's some pretty good advice. Might have to try it while I'm working on crocheting a baby blanket (yep, I'm having difficulties with techniques I should already know.) :roll:

Comment

• Hogo
      • Feb 2010

Thought of your post while sewing tonight, very good advice and works nicely (just don't start talking like someone is really there) May get strange looks from the wife across the room :wink:
      Thanks for sharing.
      Gassho ~ Dave.

Comment

• Saijun
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Dday
        Thought of your post while sewing tonight, very good advice and works nicely (just don't start talking like someone is really there) May get strange looks from the wife across the room :wink:
        Thanks for sharing.
        Gassho ~ Dave.

...which is to say that you don't get strange looks anyway? :shock: You must tell me, what is your secret?

Much metta,

Perry
        To give up yourself without regret is the greatest charity. --RBB

Comment

• Rimon
          • May 2010

aaaahhh. That's why my wife asked me yesterday if I was smoking something funny

Glad you found it useful

gassho
          Rimon Barcelona, Spain
          "Practice and the goal of practice are identical." [i:auj57aui]John Daido Loori[/i:auj57aui]

Comment

• Myoku
            • Jul 2010

Very useful, thank you !
            Peter

Comment

Working...