Sharing Helpful and Insightful Tips (was The Tea Party)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dosho
    • Jun 2008

Hello all,

Here is the Tea Party report for Sunday, April 7th:

Bringing Mom home
    Archeology in the cities
    Getting people connected
    Heart Sutra
    Lost in translation
    Subtitles
    The Muppets
    New people
    Treeleaf as an innovator
    Ordination and dharma transmission
    Soto in the West
    Lifelong learning
    Trust/Obediance to the teacher

Gassho,
    Dosho

Comment

• Kokuu
      Treeleaf Priest
      • Nov 2012

Hello Treeleafers

This is the Tea Part report for Sunday 5 May:

Practice and life
      Life and practice
      Difference between kesa and robes
      Sewing
      Knitting
      Jukai
      Unsui
      Ordination
      Internet ordination and dharma transmission.
      Talking
      Laughter

Gassho
      Andy

Comment

• Daijo
        • Feb 2012

Sundays have been rough a bit rough for me. Keep sending the invites though I'll make it again eventually.

Comment

• Genshin
          • Jan 2013

Hi,

Here is the Tea Party report for Sunday May 26th.

Google+ changes
          Facebook
          Posture - facing the wall
          Bodhidharma
          Rinzai & Koans
          Guest teachers
          Book club
          Forum
          Riots in Sweeden

Gassho,
          Matt

Comment

• Yugen

I could not find a way to access the Teaparty hangout today.... G+ changes are frustrating.

Missed you all - be well.

Deep bows
            Yugen

Comment

• Daitetsu
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Yugen
              I could not find a way to access the Teaparty hangout today.... G+ changes are frustrating.
              Did you have problems with the installation/update of the Google Hangout plugin?
              If yes, just let me know - a few weeks ago I had problems to join a Hangout sit (it had worked without any problems in the past). Took me some hours to solve it, maybe I can help you.

Gassho,

Timo
              no thing needs to be added

Comment

• Dosho
                • Jun 2008

Timo,

I'm pretty sure it was the new changes and not anything Yugen was doing wrong...Fugen was having issues as well and it was his Hangout!

Gassho,
                Dosho

Comment

• Daitetsu
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dosho
                  Timo,

I'm pretty sure it was the new changes and not anything Yugen was doing wrong...Fugen was having issues as well and it was his Hangout!

Gassho,
                  Dosho
                  Hi Dosho,

In my case Google+ wanted to have the Hangout plugin re-installed (although it used to work before) all of a sudden, but even after the update it didn't work.
                  I found information on the internet that several people had this issue after those infamous Google changes...
                  Only deleting the plugin manually, using a registry cleaner, and a new manual installation (i.e. not within the browser) of the plugin helped.

Google set a typical example of disimproving with its changes in my opinion...
                  OK, this is getting off-topic, sorry.

Gassho,

Timo

Comment

• Tb
                    • Jan 2008

Hi.

i will try that, in my case i got out and reentered it, and suddenly it worked and then not again, but talking with another one One on one, it worked perfectly.

also, not only was my camera off, i couldnt see the others, and according to g+ it could have been my up/download on the computer, which might be so, but in the end we're aware of the issues, and we'll see what they do about them...

mtfbwy
                    Fugen

Originally posted by LimoLama
                    Hi Dosho,

In my case Google+ wanted to have the Hangout plugin re-installed (although it used to work before) all of a sudden, but even after the update it didn't work.
                    I found information on the internet that several people had this issue after those infamous Google changes...
                    Only deleting the plugin manually, using a registry cleaner, and a new manual installation (i.e. not within the browser) of the plugin helped.

Google set a typical example of disimproving with its changes in my opinion...
                    OK, this is getting off-topic, sorry.

Gassho,

Timo
                    Last edited by Tb; 05-27-2013, 08:22 PM.
                    Life is our temple and its all good practice
                    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Jundo
                      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                      • Apr 2006

Hi Guys,

Is this something new that happened since this past Saturday? The reason is that the system worked fine then, but I want to make sure it is not something that has arisen since that I should resolve before next week.

Life and Death is just an illusion ... but software glitches are real.

By the way, ever consider that the whole universe is just software perpetually in "Beta" as the cosmic engineers mess with it at "Godle"? Like the Black Death in the Middle Ages was just a copying error?

Gassho, J
                      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Daitetsu
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Jundo
                        Is this something new that happened since this past Saturday?
                        Can't tell, I'm afraid. Last time I sat online with Google+ was before Saturday - did not have any problems (any more) at that time.

Gassho,

Timo

PS: Perhaps this was a glitch in the Matrix...

Comment

• Dosho
                          • Jun 2008

Hi all,

The glitch Timo described is something that has been happening intermittently for months to some people, myself included. I really think it's just one of those things we have to live with and is a good reminder that the world cannot be shaped as we would like it. Perhaps Jundo is right that the Universe is always in Beta...and we're just a bobble sitting on a software engineer's desk somewhere.

Gassho,
                          Dosho

Comment

• Mp

Just an FYI ... Since the Google upgrade everything has worked fine on my end, so not sure what is happening there. Hope you can figure it out.

But that too is the wonderful teaching that technology gives us accepting things as they are ... Welcome to the Dork Zone.

Gassho
                            Shingen

Comment

• Yugen

... the universe always in beta.... wow.... that blew my mind man.....

Timo and Dosho, I am afraid that I am sufficiently incompetent that I can account for both scenarios.... when I run Firefox I cannot enter hangouts due to plug-in problems. In these instances I have been running Safari and can enter hangouts no problem. The second issue I have been having is just seeing events and hangouts.... they don't show up often in my activity stream. When I have some time I will try to figure it out....

Deep bows
                              Yugen

Comment

• Mp

Originally posted by Yugen
                                ... the universe always in beta.... wow.... that blew my mind man.....

Timo and Dosho, I am afraid that I am sufficiently incompetent that I can account for both scenarios.... when I run Firefox I cannot enter hangouts due to plug-in problems. In these instances I have been running Safari and can enter hangouts no problem. The second issue I have been having is just seeing events and hangouts.... they don't show up often in my activity stream. When I have some time I will try to figure it out....

Deep bows
                                Yugen
                                Hey Yugen,

Sounds like you are running a Mac ... Me as well. I find that Chrome runs much better then Firefox. I find Firefox very buggy on Mac OS. Give Chrome a try.

Gassho
                                Shingen

Comment

Working...