What Is The Sound Of One Teacher Flapping?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grizzly
    • Mar 2010

Re: What Is The Sound Of One Teacher Flapping?

I certainly didn't read into any of the posts a lack of metta.
    If someone says something, especially publically, then they can be called on that. I don't see a problem with this in any way at all.
    Also disgareeing on one point, however large, is not automatically an invalidation of anything else said by an individual.
    Rich

Comment

• fendis
      • Apr 2008

*shrug*

Treeleaf is all the sangha I have. The nearest zendo is about an hour away, and I don't have reliable transportation to go that far. So I read and listen here, and occasionally pipe up. Offline, I read and I sit and try to be mindful in all I do. My practice may not be perfect, but it is what it is.

Comment

• Stephanie

I dig the Christian imagery of placing oneself among the scorned and outcast of society. Luckily for us, this game ain't got nothin' to do with status, or impressing other people. Unfortunately, many respectable students who have mastered traditional practice forms, get lost in all that, at the expense of the heart of the practice, which is as ordinary and unpretentious as blue jeans, daily bread, and surfing the Internet.

"It lets horses cross, it lets asses cross."

Comment

Working...