X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dosho
    • Jun 2008

Re: USTREAM Help Please

Hey Nadi,

I forget how the controls work exactly, but I'm pretty sure the "MIC" setting has to do with your machine's microphone, not Jundo's. Unless you want others to hear you during the sit, it's best to leave the settings alone since one person's mic can blow everyone else's speakers if set too high.

Never sure if I'm that helpful to you, but I try to chime in with what little bits I can offer.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bids
      Hi Guys,
      I'll chip in here with my tech. bumps. (the straightening out of which is one of my more important commitments direction Sangha for this Ango period)

I made it into the Zen Hall for the live sitting Saturday, but I had no sound ( I did put 'mic' on bright stand)
      Also I did not see Jundo on my screen (and am unsure if he could see me). I saw some other folk participating - they appeared to be able to hear the proceedings direct from Treeleaf.

I sat with my frustration - no problem, and I'm quite happy to sit without sound and get the talk later recorded if that is what is possible, at the same time sound would be welcome ... especially if its depending on something easy to remedy.

Does anyone recognise this situation? I would be grateful of any Suggestions.

Thanks, Greetings and Gassho,
      Nadi
      Hi Nadi,

The "Zen Hall" is for folks (each with their little camera) to sit and see others sitting ... for folks who get benefit from that.

http://www.treeleaf.org/zendo/zen-hall.php

However, to see the "sit-a-long" netcasts (especially the Saturday Zazenkai), I am not visible in the "Zen Hall", but broadcasting on the sit-a-long blog, using Ustream (the link is always posted on the blog at http://blog.beliefnet.com/treeleafzen/ shortly before we start).

If you really wish to do both at once, you need to open them in separate browser windows and do a split screen like this, with the "Zen Hall" in one window and me in the other ...

Hopefully, your computer and browser will let you do all that without crashing! (Sometimes, some browsers cannot handle having both the "Zen Hall" and netcast running at once. Most can. )

Usually, there is no sound on in the "Zen Hall" (it would be disturbing if people had their mikes on during sitting).

Hope that is clear ... or not too unclear. 8)

By the way, we also have a "Meeting Hall" if people do want to get together in groups and have a video chat, play poker (all winnings go to charity!) or sing Karaoke. You can have your mike on there!

http://www.treeleaf.org/zendo/meeting-hall.php

Folks, within `10 years, we will all be sitting together as Holograms on the Treeleaf Holodeck ... mark my words! Until then, please do you best with the technology we have!

Live Long and Prosper Gassho, J
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Bids
        • Mar 2008

Dear Jundo and Dosho,
        Thank's both for your help, your time and especially your patience in getting me on track with this. I'm begining to see the light .. .. that is, I now know what I didn't know I did'nt know (if you know what I mean).
        Hope my frustration was not all to audible for you guys last Saturday.
        I'll just sit quitely till after my vacation(3 weeks) when my god child will help me through the splitting screen adventure.

Mucho's bows
        Nadi

Comment

Working...