• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

SPECIAL 6-Hr Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI - SATURDAY-SUNDAY

Hi,

THIS SATURDAY/SUNDAY (depending on location) ...

... to "unofficially" kick off our ANGO season a little early ("officially" beginning August 29th) ...

viewtopic.php?p=26468#p26468

and to mark the visit to Treeleaf Tsukuba all this coming week of JEAN-MARC BAZY, a teacher in Nishijima Roshi's Lineage from Lyon, France ...

http://zendogensangha.free.fr/

... WE WILL BE HAVING A SPECIAL 6-HOUR ZAZENKAI THIS SUNDAY (SATURDAY IN MANY PLACES). I hope you will sit-a-long.. Because the live sitting time will not be possible in many locations, I hope you will all manage to sit with the recorded version which I will post ... especially folks who will be participating in our upcoming Ango.

THE HOURS ARE NOW BEING FINALIZED and will be posted here shortly. It will REPLACE OUR USUAL SATURDAY ZAZENKAI.

PLEASE JOIN US AND SIT-A-LONG or, as they say in French ... s'il vous plaît avoir un siège

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE
  • Shohei
    • Oct 2007

Re: SPECIAL 6-Hr Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI - SATURDAY-SUNDAY

Hi
    Sounds like the wee hours of the morning? what time will this be taking place?
    *EDIT - Ooooh Im quite slow this morning... it will not be live as most couldnt pull the time frame. Gotcha
    /me drifts back to sleep

Gassho
    Shohei

Comment

• Jundo
      • Apr 2006

HERE IS THE TIME ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THIS WEEK'S 6-HOUR ZAZENKAI. (I am sorry about the delay, but it was dependent on Jean-Marc's arrival from France)

BECAUSE THE TIME WILL BE INCONVENIENT FOR MOST PEOPLE, PLEASE DO PARTICIPATE WITH THE RECORDED VERSION (however, please DO sit-a-long at a time you can arrange ... especially if you will be joining in our upcoming Ango)

The Zazenkai will be netcast on our Beliefnet.com blog ...

http://blog.beliefnet.com/treeleafzen/

... from SUNDAY, from 11am to 5pm Japan time (that is New York Saturday 10pm to Sunday 4am, Los Angeles Saturday 7pm to Sunday 1am, London Sunday 3am to 9am and Paris Sunday 4am to 10am)

... and available thereafter in "on demand" recorded form. The tentative sitting schedule is as follows (remember that Kinhin times also can serve to stretch, drink water, use the restroom, etc.):

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI) & ZAZEN
      00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
      01:00 - 01:40 ZAZEN
      01:40 - 01:50 KINHIN

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK (Jean-Marc-Bazy) & ZAZEN
      02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN
      02:40 - 03:20 ZAZEN
      03:20 - 03:30 KINHIN
      03:30 - 04:10 ZAZEN
      04:10 - 04:20 KINHIN

04:20 - 05:05 DHARMA TALK (Jean-Marc Bazy) & ZAZEN
      05:05 - 05:25 KINHIN
      05:30 - 06:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

So, please join us and ... sit-a--long ...

Gassho, Jundo

Comment

• CinnamonGal
        • Apr 2008

I have the intention to get up by 4 am (my schedule permits it and this is almost as early as I get upn on week days) but I will see how it works out. More concerned about sitting for 6 hours so if after a while you see me collapse don't worry - I haven'd done long sittings for a while.
        Look forward to it!

Will be fun to hear some French. Will try to get hold of a copy of Heart Sutra in French. 8)

Gassho,

Irina
        http://appropriteresponse.wordpress.com

Comment

• Shugen
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Nov 2007

Don't know if I can make it until 4am but I intend to sit the first couple of hours at least.

Ron
          Meido Shugen
          明道 修眼

Comment

• CinnamonGal
            • Apr 2008

I am very embarassed but I cannot find people. ops: Am in the Zen hall but nobody's here. Should be another venue I guess but where? :shock:
            I did get up at 4 am though. :roll:

Gassho,

Irina
            http://appropriteresponse.wordpress.com

Comment

• Tb
              • Jan 2008

Hi.

Thanks for the zazenkai.
              Looking forward to hear Onshi Bazy again, maybe during the "regular talks"?
              And hopefully other people will sit with OJ some other time?

And my internetconnection held up all the time this time (i was the anonymus lurker...).

Now i'm off into the world.

Mtfbwy
              Fugen
              Life is our temple and its all good practice
              Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• miheco
                • Dec 2007

Thank you Jundo and guest Jean-Marc "Tenryu" Bazy for your insightful talks at this evening's Ango Zazenkai.
                My day started 5 AM on Saturday and it's now 1AM Sunday and I'm fully alert, go figure.

Gassho,
                miheco

Comment

• Rich
                  • Apr 2009

I'm sorry to say that I had the volume turned up all the way on my computer and ustream but could not hear the talks clearly. Maybe my hearing ability is lacking.
                  _/_
                  Rich
                  MUHYO
                  無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Comment

• T.L.Wolf
                    • Mar 2009

Thank you Jean-Marc Bazy and Jundo for this special Zazenkai and dharma talks.

Unfortunately, I was not able to view the second video in its entirety. Did anyone else have this problem?
                    The first and third video played without interruption, but the second stops around 3 minutes and 13 seconds. I tried it several times. I tried reloading through Upstream, through connecting via the blog link, I tried allotting more memory to my browser and flushing the cache, but it would stop at the same place every time and return back to the beginning. If anyone has a suggestion as how to remedy this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to the returning to the sitting and and Bazy Sensei's dharma talk.
                    gassho,
                    t

Comment

• Jundo
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Rich
                      I'm sorry to say that I had the volume turned up all the way on my computer and ustream but could not hear the talks clearly. Maybe my hearing ability is lacking.
                      Yes, the cicadas and crickets were in fine form today, and speaking louder than the teachers. Well, perhaps we should just listen to what they had to preach.

As to the recording stopping ... I am not seeing that here. However, it does happen sometimes with Ustream and Youtube for some folks and not others, and I am not sure why.

Around here, we do not call these "technical problems" ... We call them "teachings" and "Koans".

Gassho, J

Comment

• Rich
                        • Apr 2009

I have not yet completed my abbreviated version of the Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI but so far it has been a wonderful day. I'm writing during my work periods. Thank you Jundo and Jean-Marc.
                        _/_
                        Rich
                        MUHYO
                        無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Comment

• T.L.Wolf
                          • Mar 2009

Thank you for looking into that, Jundo Sensei. The teaching is well received
                          The cicadas were a treat! I hadn't heard their racket in years.

Comment

• Bids
                            • Mar 2008

Re 6-Hr Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI - SATURDAY-SUNDAY

Dear Jundo and everyone,
                            I was unable to login for the Zazenkai Special .... got a window asking username and password (never saw that before on the sit - along's) ... my password was refused. Today (Monday) still no success. Am I missing vital information??
                            Excuse my ignorance on this ... hope someone can help.

Gassho
                            Nadi

Comment

• Jundo
                              • Apr 2006

Re: Re 6-Hr Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI - SATURDAY-SUNDAY

Originally posted by Bids
                              Dear Jundo and everyone,
                              I was unable to login for the Zazenkai Special .... got a window asking username and password (never saw that before on the sit - along's) ... my password was refused. Today (Monday) still no success. Am I missing vital information??
                              Excuse my ignorance on this ... hope someone can help.

Gassho
                              Nadi
                              Thank you for telling me, Nadi. It should be fixed now. Gassho, Jundo

Comment

Working...