Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shonin
    • Apr 2009

Re: Sickest Buddhist

Jundo, do a search and you can easily find the discussions. I thought it was funny as hell myself.*shrug* But apparently some folks didn't care for the profanity or the image it presented. But I really just read a lil bit. It does seem to be the talk of the town, so to speak. But I took it in the good humor it was meant to be and some folks are just a bit too stuck up for that.

Comment

• chicanobudista
      • Mar 2008

To me, first it was funny as heck and know the comedian. Two, I think it's a good satire of those who practice Buddhism as if it were a pair of Prada sunglasses. Some folks just gotta get a funny bone. :mrgreen:
      paz,
      Erik

Flor de Nopal Sangha

Comment

• AlanLa
        • Mar 2008

I think sometimes people get offended because something strikes so close to their personal truth that it makes them uncomfortable, so they take offense as a means of defense. Other times I think people take offense because they are so attached to their beliefs and practices that there is no room left over to laugh at their beliefs and practices. Sometimes that attachment is to a rigid view of right speech, and so certain forms of humor are viewed as rude and thus wrong speech. I think sometimes people just need to lighten up and find that middle way.
        AL (Jigen) in:
        Faith/Trust
        Courage/Love
        Awareness/Action!

I sat today

Comment

• KellyRok
          • Jul 2008

hahahaha :lol:

I needed this today...

thank you!