Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shonin
    • Apr 2009

Booo on MeBeam

Just scheduled an hour long sit. Butt i can't seem to get into the zen hall which worked fine for 4 1/2 hours or so that i used it yesterday. Booooo. Thumbs down.
    Will try again in 30 min, incase someone else has popped in.

Dave
  • roky
    • Jul 2008

Re: Booo on MeBeam

dave - actually, i find mebeam to be a pretty cool service -- i guess its relative, cause it was much more unstable last year, so to me it seems to be doing well -- i've had a few rough times with it, but some of those were due to my equipment, or my cable company -- but being able to sit for an hour and have it nicely refresh itself, without booting me out, is great -- and, without any ads, like the j.c. penny ad that is running now on ustream -- here's jundo giving a live talk, and there's a banner across the bottom of the screen :evil:

believe that was you the other day -- not sure if you noticed, but i'm sitting in a sailboat -- my youngest daughter is with us now, so no space in the house

anyway, i appreciate you're being there, as i'm sure others do

gassho, roky
    "no resistance"
    thaddeus golas

Comment

• Shonin
      • Apr 2009

Yeah, I noticed the scenery seemed to change a bit. LOL. And MeBeam just held up for a 2 hr sit. I was really just letting folks know that I was not actually gonna be in the hall since i had JUST scheduled an hr and it wouldn't load for me. but neough babbling for me, gotta rest up so I can do another sit in 1 1/2 hrs then then am going to try to wake up early so I can do the sit Jimmy C. scheduled before I gotta get ready for work.

Dave

Comment

• Jundo
        Treeleaf Founder and Priest
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by roky
        ... and, without any ads, like the j.c. penny ad that is running now on ustream -- here's jundo giving a live talk, and there's a banner across the bottom of the screen :evil:
        j.c.penny has Buddha-Nature
        ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• will
          • Jun 2007

Buddhas have to be fashionable too you know. :roll:

Cue the drums

W
          [size=85:z6oilzbt]
          To save all sentient beings, though beings are numberless.
          To penetrate reality, though reality is boundless.
          To transform all delusion, though delusions are immeasurable.
          To attain the enlightened way, a way non-attainable.
          [/size:z6oilzbt]

Comment

• roky
            • Jul 2008

j.c.penny has Buddha-Nature

yeah, but so does that ugly stuff between my toes
            "no resistance"
            thaddeus golas

Comment

• tonyyeung
              • Jul 2009

hi

today after i book the mebeam and went to the room, they keep kick me out and sent me to the random room and i saw someone ...god.....

gassho, tony

Comment

• roky
                • Jul 2008

tony -- you saw god?
                "no resistance"
                thaddeus golas

Comment

• Shugen
                  Treeleaf Unsui
                  • Nov 2007

Tony,

If no one is sitting with you, you have to open 2 windows in the zen-hall (You will see yourself twice, which takes a little getting used to) I don't recommend doing the "random room" on me-beam, you'll probably see something you really didn't want to.

Ron
                  Meido Shugen
                  明道 修眼

Comment

• Shonin
                    • Apr 2009

Actually, Ron. It is perhaps possible to just have a blank box as the second window like I do. When I got my cam, the logitech drivers ( even the newest update) had me wayy zoomed in on MeBeam. But on the plus side , I noticed it wouldn't load two windows with the cam. I would have one with cam feed one with box.

So I used that ManyCam program ( free download) recommended in the Zen Hall FAQ. So then I had two windows, both with the cam feed. but it had the proper view not zoomed like the logitech drivers.

so what I do is go into the Hall and set my source cam to the logitech drivers. Open the second window(i just duplicate the tab in IE 8) so that it comes up blank. turn on manycam. Change the source in quicktime back to manycam, and then I have the first cam look the way I wanted, with the second window as the blank box. Only prob is when the page refreshes itself it will go back to both as manycam drivers. but even then i just go to the second window and reset quicktime to the logitech drivers. It will freeze the second image. and TADA!! There we go.

Dave

Comment

• Brock
                      • Jan 2009

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I always like to join in a good boo.

Comment

• Shugen
                        Treeleaf Unsui
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ZenDave
                        Actually, Ron. It is perhaps possible to just have a blank box as the second window like I do. When I got my cam, the logitech drivers ( even the newest update) had me wayy zoomed in on MeBeam. But on the plus side , I noticed it wouldn't load two windows with the cam. I would have one with cam feed one with box.

So I used that ManyCam program ( free download) recommended in the Zen Hall FAQ. So then I had two windows, both with the cam feed. but it had the proper view not zoomed like the logitech drivers.

so what I do is go into the Hall and set my source cam to the logitech drivers. Open the second window(i just duplicate the tab in IE 8) so that it comes up blank. turn on manycam. Change the source in quicktime back to manycam, and then I have the first cam look the way I wanted, with the second window as the blank box. Only prob is when the page refreshes itself it will go back to both as manycam drivers. but even then i just go to the second window and reset quicktime to the logitech drivers. It will freeze the second image. and TADA!! There we go.

Dave
                        That's how you do that.

Thanks,
                        Ron
                        Meido Shugen
                        明道 修眼

Comment

• Shonin
                          • Apr 2009

OMG I think I over- "so" 'ed . I need a new word instead of "so".

And my smiley face should have read IE 8 .

For the record, I don't know how the trick will work with other cam drivers. I just experimented to see if it would work and got lucky.

Comment

Working...